JSON body

{
  "first_name": "",
  "last_name": "",
  "age": 0,
  "email": "",
  "username": "optional"
}

I already have a scenario that has the data coming and doing many other tasks, I just want to be able to send this data to the above URL (POST).

I also tried this:

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thank you,
John

Hey @John_Rodriguez,

Great to see your question here in the community! :slight_smile:

I just wanted to clarify that this is a community of Make users helping out and sharing knowledge. This means we don’t have access to any of your scenarios, organizations etc.
It’s therefore always best to share some screenshots so that the community can see what’s going on in your scenarios visually.

Detailed information could be provided for example by an:

1. overview of your scenario setup (functions, mappings, variables etc.)
  2. the input area of the module you are having trouble with
  3. the output area of the module you are getting data from

Thank you!

In case you think this is not needed, please disregard this message. I have send this message by automation since you don’t have any attachments.

Thank you @Bjorn.drivn - I added some images.

Hi @John_Rodriguez
Looking at your request it seems you probably didnt follow the API documentation of the platform your are trying to send POST request to. The 2nd screenshot is totally wrong, 3rd one seems okay, still you have to follow the exact method the platforms you are sending data asks you to send request to. As far as it seems you are missing Authentication Header.

I think you’re confusing matters between http headers and the post body aka Request content in Make. Don’t use the headers in your module configuration but rather just put the full json into the Request content text box .

You’ll need to confirm whether authentication is necessary too or whether you can post without any authorization (unlikely).

Very kind of you to respond… that worked and it is now good to go. I was adding a header where I didn’t need to… ah so confusing. Thank you!

Terrific! Please mark my response as a solution if you can. I recommend you read up on HTTP methods like Get, Post, Put and Delete at minimum. Knowing the basics of how these are different and the same really helps. Also download postman and practice making APi calls with their excellent learning Centre. I think it’s sort of a must if you want to get dangerous with Make.

1 Like