💡 How to automate quote estimation and proposal creation

Hey Makers :wave:

:sunny: We’re at the very end of June and I’m rolling in to share the story of Naveed Anwer, a Make certified partner and an automation guru. Grab an ice-cold beverage of your choice and check out this great use case of his!

It’s a fact many business owners have come to accept – to land clients, you’ve got to put in the time to craft a personalized proposal and cost estimate. All before you’ve officially secured their business. This means you need to invest unpaid time in crafting killer proposals to attract clients who’ll only maybe pay your bills.

But, who said giving personalized service had to be time-consuming?
Not Naveed Anwer, founder of Leanworm automation consultancy!

Using Make, Airtable, and Zoho Writer, Naveed developed a 100% automated quote estimation and proposal creation solution that also delivers guaranteed personalization. The best part? He slashed the time it takes to create these proposals from hours down to mere minutes.

:crystal_ball: Read on to learn how he does it.

What problem were you trying to solve with your automation?

I build these solutions for businesses that have extensive quote estimation processes with a lot of variables in services, including home renovation, pool renovation businesses, etc.

The automated process involves:

• estimating service charges for clients
  • creating quotes/proposals
  • sending the quotes/proposals off

Why did the problem exist?

Traditionally, agencies need to put a lot of manual work into figuring out what exactly makes up a client’s quote. If it’s not done using pen and paper, then at best it’s typed down in an Excel sheet. Following that, there’s a whole process of entering and modifying data in the quote and then sending it over. I wanted all of that to be just a few clicks of a button away.

How did you solve the problem? What does your solution look like?

All the unique services that the business offers are neatly organized in an Airtable base and connected to an intelligent form. In Airtable, you pick and choose the services your client inquires about - or enter new ones if they’re being served for the first time - and press a button. Immediately, a beautiful, fully personalized proposal gets created on Zoho Writer based on the data you’ve selected. All of that thanks to a Make scenario running in the background.

What did your solution achieve?

• It drastically reduces the time spent creating proposals from 2 hours to 2 minutes.
  • It can follow any sort of logic based on how services are organized in a business.
  • It guarantees fully personalized proposals.

Check out Naveed talking about this in more detail:

Helpful Resources

:make: Airtable on Make
:make: Zoho Writer on Make

7 Likes

Curious to know - why would you use zoho writer, when there is a better alternative like pandadoc?

Why doesn’t the video work? Am I missing something?

Hi @Nananan welcome to the Make Community and thanks a lot for flagging this! :pray:
It should be working now so feel free to check it out.

2 Likes

Thank you, it’s working now!

1 Like