How to create a custom AWS app

Hi i want to create an application for communicating with AWS RDS using api
How can i create the connection object of the app so i would be able to send AWS api request (AWS demand to sign the http requests before signing them and i am not sure how to accomplish them using integromat)

Hi @Or_Gabay
There are a few ways you can make API request through make/integromat.

1. Using HTTP module:

As you can see there are many actions you can use including Basic Authentication, Oauth 2.0, and more. You need to read the API documentation how AWS wants the API call to be made then you can use the proper action from that HTTP module

2. Building your own app in Integromat/make
    If you head over to this page https://us1.make.com/apps you can build your own APP just like other modules/app you see in the platform. It’s time consuming but if many people want to use it, then it will come handy. Make has all the documentation for that

2 Likes

I am having the same issue, but I don’t see how to answer above solves it… None of the HTTP modules avaiable in make.com does AWS signatures as far as I can see – the right method should be a basic auth request, but the aws signature has to be computed and added to the request, and unlike other services for HTTP calls (like Postman or Insomnia), which have fields for entering AWS key, secret, region, and service, the HTTP modules in make.com don’t have anywhere to add these fields and don’t seem to support calculating the signature.

I tried building my own custom app, but, again, I see no way of passing the required fields in the communication object in such a way that the AWS signature gets calculated and passed in the authorization header.

I’m guessing that in order to make API calls that require AWS SIGv4 we have to calculate the signature and authorization header independently, but I don’t know how to do that, and it seems strange not to find any documentation on how to do this in make.com. Or, am I missing something entirely?

@Or_Gabay How did you solve the problem? @make_expert Could you give more details about how one could add AWS SIGv4 authentication using any of the modules in make.com, or using a custom app?