How to download a file from Google Cloud Storage and parse ist

I am impressed by the possibilities that make.com offers, but I’m struggling a little bit at the moment…

Is there a way I can download a document (CSV) from Google Cloud Storage (from a bucket) and work with it in Make? In the best case, the document is edited in Make so that I can load it into the database (data stores).

I can’t find a way to download a document from Google Cloud Storage.

If I use “Google Cloud Storage – get an object”, I just get the filename as a binary-output. But I need the file contents of the document…

I was trying for hours…

I would be so grateful if someone could help me.

Hi @Severin_Giger

Did you enable the “Download the File” option in the “Get an Object” function of the Google Cloud Storage module.

Enabling the above option would allow you to download the data too.

2 Likes

Hi @Harsh

Thank you for you respond!
Yes, I have already enabled this option.

Below is a screenshot of my workflow:

You have any idea how I could change it, so I can store data in the data store?

Hello @Severin_Giger,

Welcome to the Make community!

• What is the purpose of module [24] Create CSV, when the original document was already a CSV file that you parsed?
  • Can you please provide the output bundle of module [23] the trigger module?

Please provide the output bundles of the modules by running the scenario, then click the white speech bubble on the top-right of each module, save the bundle contents in your text editor as a bundle.json file, and upload it here into this discussion thread.
Screenshot_2023-10-06_141025

Providing the output bundles will allow others to replicate what is going on in the scenario even if they do not use the external service.

This will allow others to better assist you. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi @samliew

Thanks a lot!

There is no purposeof module “Create CSV”. I was just trying to solve my problem…

Here you go:
Output_Module-23.json (350 Bytes)

Module 24 doesn’t provide any output…

I know what’s the problem now, the encoding issue when downloading certain files.

I have mentioned a possible workaround for this here: Read text in .txt file stored in google drive - #4 by samliew

You can use a “Convert encoding” module using the same input and output encoding, then you can use the output of this module in your Parse CSV module.

Alternatively, you can simply try using the toString built-in function in the mapped field, something like this:   toString(data)

2 Likes

@samliew Thank you so much for your help!

It works, finally…