How to push html for a blog post (converted from Markdown) to update a google doc to be in parity as copy and pasting

I have a new scenario and I’m trying to update a google doc file that is connected to Make.com with converted html from Markdown.

If I take the current Markdown (from an Airtable cell / field as long text format), paste it into: https://markdowntohtml.com/ then copy the html from the html output/right side into my google doc it formats perfectly.

The problem we’re trying to resolve is… if I take my new scenario, and simply take that cell’s data of Markdown content (the one I can paste into Markdowntohtml.com), use the Make Markdown to html converter (seems to work fine / output is identical to markdowntohtml.com) then push that to an existing google doc to “update the content” using the Update file Make.com Google Drive action (see screenshot) it loses my paragraphs. Eg Markdown has spacing between paragraphs with an empty line and markdown conversion converts to

text

text2

If this html is pasted directly into a google doc it breaks the two paragraphs into two paragraphs When using the Make.com Google Drive Update a File it looks like:

paragraph one etc etc.
paragraph two etc etc.

instead of:

paragraph one etc etc.
[note the empty line like you normally would have with two

text

text2

paragraph two etc etc.

Thoughts?