How to upload a Video to Buffer from Make

I’ve successfully scheduled social media posts in Buffer from ClickUp if the attachment is an image. However, I’m struggling to apply the same process to schedule a video.

I’ve tried the same logic with adding the video URL into the ‘Link’ value field, also in the same field as the Image and adding the URL from ClickUp there, and it does bring it over into Buffer, but the user has to click it to play it as it’s a link.

I’ve tried to download direct form Google drive and still get the same result as a link, rather than a file. The video file is 18.5mb and less than 60secs. I can successfully post it if I manually add it to the Buffer post.

Any tips for getting this to work much appreciated.

Welcome to the Make community!

Could you please share screenshots of the module fields and filters in question? It would really help other community members to see what you’re looking at.

You can also export the scenario blueprint file to allow others to replicate the issue. At the bottom of the scenario editor, you can click on the three dots to find the Export Blueprint menu item.

Screenshot_2023-08-24_230826

Uploading it here will look like this:

blueprint.json (12.3 KB)

If possible, could you also please provide the input/output bundles of the modules by running the scenario, then clicking the bubble on the top-right of each module, taking screenshots of, and copying the contents into this discussion thread:

Screenshot_2023-08-29_100800

This will allow others to better assist you. Thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ve decided to do away with Buffer and have setup a workflow process to post directly to the social media platforms.

There is always a way!

2 Likes

Hi there @techsavvycreatives and welcome to our community👋,

Just wanted to jump in and congratulate you on solving this one with the help from @samliew. Lovely to see you guys cooperating and brainstorming to come up with a solution :brain:!

Thank you very much for getting back to us and sharing your solution here. We honestly appreciate that you kept us in mind and marked the problem as solved so other users can easily find it while having similar issues. :blush:

1 Like

Hello @techsavvycreatives Could you please share the solution on how you were able to download videos from GDrive and uploading it to social platforms directly? I’ve tried everything and the GDrive downloading part never works for me.

Appreciate the help!
Thanks!

Hi @Publiq_Media, my solution is to create the content in ClickUp and then I use Make.com to share to the various social media platforms. I don’t use any cloud storage (as I also couldn’t make that work for my workflow).

Not the solution you were looking for, but it works for me.