How to work with client using Make

So when working with clients and making custom automation for their emails or sheets, etc where they have logged in with personal credentials. How should I gain access to those emails to use in make since they’ll have to share their passwords with me for me to use it? How exactly can I use their email in trigger while making automation to be able to trigger received emails without taking their accounts? Take all other platforms(email is just given for example point of view).

Hi @Thyke_AI,

Do the connections exist in your Make account or their Make account?

If you manage all sceanrio’s in your own account, your clients must share their credentials with you so that you can set up the connection. This is not ideal, therefore I advise you to let the client add you to their Make account.

Your client can invite you as a new user via their organization settings. It is best to have the client invite you as ‘App Developer’. You will receive a mail from Make in order to grant access to the account. You can still log in your own account and pick any of the organizations you are added to from here to access it: https://www.make.com/en/help/access-management/organizations#switching-organizations

Henk
Certified Make Expert and Partner
Book a consult with me

2 Likes

This was so very helpful @Henk-Operative!!
So once I’m able to access a client’s make. Whenever I use a module let’s take for example the Gmail module. Then I’ll ask them to add their Google accounts and continue using it correctly. If yes, then there usually is no problem with the client being able to see what I’ve developed behind the scenes. Right?

Hi @Thyke_AI,

That is correct! If your client has their own Make account, they can add connections themselves. You, as an App Developer, have access and permission to all scenario’s and can build them as you please. You can use all connections that the client added without issue.

Cheers,
Henk

3 Likes