I am trying to have most recent search resukt with perplexity

I have set up a viral posting scenario where a topic is randomly selected through a topic rotator, and a query search is sent to Perplexity. The retrieved information is then sent to ChatGPT, which composes a tweet. However, I have noticed that Perplexity is not always providing recent results, and sometimes retrieves very old news. For instance, when I ask for the latest Bitcoin prices, it gives me prices from 2 years ago! This is causing some issues with the accuracy of the information being shared.

The scenario

The initial setup

Perplexity

I am uncertain what to do. Though the situation seems favorable and I have achieved recent good results, it is not dependable.

Welcome to the Make community!

This is because most “AI” are GPTs (generative pre-trained) – that is the model is trained on old data.

You’ll need to combine and use web search APIs to also pass the latest copy of search results into the prompt to make it appear smart.

2 Likes

Thanks, Sam; however, Perplexity uses the web to search as its database. It is just not all the time respecting the time frame…

Yeah I am not seeing Perplexity reference URLS like it does in the normal interface and why isn’t there ChatGPT 4 etc only Mistral as options ?