LINE_Discord_GPT_LINE

Hello!
Experts, if you don’t mind, could you please answer the following questions?
I would like to create the following scenario

1. A LINE comes in at a LINEbot watch event.
  2. Search for information on Discord about what is written in that LINE
    Summarize the information using ChatGPT
    Reply to the LINEBOT with the summarized information.
    I would like to make the following flow.

I would be glad if you could tell me what modules are necessary for this.
What would be even better is if you could tell me the scenario itself.

Thanks for taking a look!
I’m waiting for your reply!

The most basic scenario you can make consists of just four modules. This doesn’t account for error handling, etc.

As Discord neither have a “Search Messages” API, nor “Search Messages” module in Make, you will have to list all messages in a specific channel using the “List Channel Messages” module.

Then, use a filter to perform the search, allowing only the matching search results’ bundle through to the next module (ChatGPT).

Hope this helps!

3 Likes

Thank you for your reply, I would like to send to the GPT module only the text content of the line that matches in all the messages in the discord specific channel. I would appreciate it if you could answer my question when you are free.

PS. I have set up the above measures as shown in the attached red circle.

Whatever you circled should go into the filter after the Discord module, use “Text contains (case insensitive)”.

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply.
It seems (in the scenario) that there is a search on discord for the content sent on line, but it is not replied from the last line.
I have no idea what the cause is and how to fix it, so could you please take a look at the attached video and point it out to me?

Also, I would appreciate it if you could reply when you are free.

Thanks for your time.
I would like to create the following.

1. A LINE comes to the LINEbot watch event.
  2. Search for information in Discord about the contents connected to the name written in that LINE. 3. Summarize that information by the item using ChatGPT.
  3. Reply to the line with the summarized information.

The following is what is currently done.

1. LINE comes to LINEbot watch event.
  2. Summarize using ChatGPT.
  3. Summarized information is sent back to LINE.

Points to be solved

Q.“2. Search for information in Discord about the contents associated with the name written in that LINE” For this, I am wondering if there is a way to convert arguments that are only numbers into characters, but I don’t know.
(Background)
When using the Discord_List channel messages_ module, only numbers are passed as arguments to the OpenAi_Create a completion_ module.
So, a reply is sent back to LINE through the LINE_Send a Reply Message_ module stating that the text cannot be extracted.
“The number Reply:- does not refer to a specific text.”
*Because Discord has neither a “Message Search” API nor Make’s “Message Search” module, you must use the “List of Channel Messages” module to list all messages in a particular channel.

I would appreciate it if you, the professionals, could let me know the above when you have a spare moment!

Perhaps having data stored in Discord is not the best way to go about it since you can’t search messages using the API. Could you just find an alternative storage location where you can perform a search?

2 Likes

I see.
Since we are using Discord for convenience, I assumed that the messages saved in Discord would be put in another alternate storage location and then replied to on line via GPT, but is there an alternate storage location you recommend, samliew? I’d really appreciate it if you could let me know!

Google Sheets, Notion Database, etc.? They seem popular here on Make

2 Likes