I don't want the use of {{ in JSON to be interpreted as mapping

Hello everyone

As you will see below in the JSON, I first need to define a variable.

{
  "type": "image",
  "width": 1080,
  "height": 1080,
   "bgImageUrl": "https://example.com/image/example.png",
   "text": "Happy Coffees!",
   "textBgColor": "green"
  },

Later, I need to call this variable again within the same module or even within the same piece of code.

    "background": [
            "url": "{{bgImageUrl}}",
            "type": "image"
          ]

However, when I use {{ to call this variable, Make.com interprets it as mapping and I am not able to call the variable in the code snippet. Is there a way to do this?

Welcome to the Make community!

Try using the replace function to replace %%bgImageUrl%% into {{bgImageUrl}}

e.g.:

Screenshot_2024-09-01_180932

Example output string

Screenshot_2024-09-01_180944

Hope this helps! Let me know if there are any further questions or issues.

— @samliew


P.S.: Did you know, the concepts of about 70% of questions asked on this forum are already covered in the Make Academy. Investing some effort into it will save you lots of time and frustration using Make later!

Thank you. But is there any other way? Because variables are not consistent, changing for every runs so i can’t control the variable names that way.

Just insert the variable name as a variable where the word variable is at in my example.