Importing contacts to XERO including email adress

Hi there,

I am new to using Make and I am trying to import user data into XERO to add them as a contact. If they are already a contact, I have set an ignore function to only add new users to XERO.

I am getting an error on the email address as in our system, some users have multiple and are assigned like the below:

user@company.com;user2@company.com

This is causing an error on the create a contact on XERO: " Validation failed for 1 parameter(s).

• Invalid email address in parameter ‘EmailAddress’."

This is the input data:

This is the error on XERO Create a contact

This is the set up for the whole scenario:

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Connor

If you are asking to separate the email address and get an email from a group of emails then you have to use “get” and “split” functions.

get(split(your.variable;,);1)
Copy paste this formula or see in screenshot

If you are addressing the issue of name taken, then there is no solution but you have to be careful for using unique name.

Princy Jain
Make consultant,
For consulting support: Follow up Automated

2 Likes

Thank you for your reply.

I am not trying to split the email address. Some users have multiple emails and we would like to add these multiple emails to the XERO contact.

In our system the emails are split using a ‘;’ and we can email multiple emails at the same time using this feature.

Users with single emails are being added fine but when the scenario is presented with the ‘;’ it is causing an error that I am not sure how to handle.

Kind Regards,

Connor

@Connor_Benson I am not a Xero user so i am not 100% sure but you can save the main email normally and then the rest email to the contact person. I guess this should work.

Princy Jain
Make consultant,
For consulting support: Follow up Automated