Invalid email address in parameter 'email'

I am trying to use webhook to collect email on my website form which then sends subscribers to my convertkit. However, when running the scenario I keep getting the following error:

Validation failed for 1 parameter(s).
Invalid email address in parameter ‘email’.

Is there a specific function i need to put in the email section?

Welcome to the Make community!

Looks like your Email field is empty. Please insert an email address within that field.

If you need further assistance,

Please provide the output bundles of the modules by running the scenario, then click the white speech bubble on the top-right of each module, save the bundle contents in your text editor as a bundle.txt file, and upload it here into this discussion thread.
Screenshot_2023-10-06_141025

Providing the output bundles will allow others to replicate what is going on in the scenario even if they do not use the external service.

This will allow others to better assist you. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi @samliew

Here is my set up - email row is not empty, but not sure if i set it up right

Please insert an email address within that field, e.g.: user@example.com

The executionId does not contain an email address.

2 Likes

got it, so any email address works?

Yes, even your own. The Email field is how ConvertKit identifies each unique user, and not by name.

2 Likes

Ok and by doing so, I can collect any email on my site and send the subscriber to convertkit - not just my own email right?

Ok thank you for confirming @samliew !

Also I have a contact form on my site which I’d like to receive the message in gmail (then add sender as subscriber to convertkit).

I got the following error:

• Validation failed for 1 parameter(s).
  • Invalid number in parameter 'id'.

What should I put under Email ID (UID)?

No problem, glad I could help!

(Please include more details in your question – Your screenshots does not show what module you are using, only the app name)

In future, please create a new thread for each question. This makes it easier for others with the same problem to search for the answer. Thank you for your cooperation!

The Make Community guidelines encourages users to try to mark helpful replies as solutions to help keep the Community organized.

This marks the topic as solved, so that:

• others can save time when catching up with the latest activity here, and
  • allows others to quickly jump to the solution if they come across the same problem

To do this, simply click the checkbox at the bottom of the post that answers your question:
Screenshot_2023-10-04_161049

1 Like

Got it, started another post on the ID error.

For the current issue - I double checked convertkit, only the email I inputted directly into the “email row” was subscribed. When I try to add another email via website, subscriber doesn’t get added to convertkit. Is there something else I need to fix?

How is your website sending data to the Webhook? Can you verify the email is received in the data?

How are you mapping the variables from the Webhook into your ConvertKit module?

2 Likes

I use softr.io for site hosting so there is a section to add webhook from make.

The only variable is email as that is the only input field on my site.

How do I check email is received in data? I only no there is no error shown when scenario is run.

Softr

You can click on “Run once” in the scenario first, then submit a test form submission to see the incoming data for your Webhook module.

Then, you should be able to insert that data/email field into subsequent modules.

2 Likes

It seems that the email webhook collected is correct - new email input.
However, the input (email collected) by convertkit is still the one in directly added into the email row in the module.

How do I ensure new email address is collected in convertkit module and not the one in manually inputted into the email row?

Now, in your ConvertKit module, you need to replace your manually typed email in the Email field, with the variable coming from the Webhook module.

To do that, click within the ConvertKit “Email” field, clear the field with your keyboard, and then select the Webhook “Email” variable in the variables panel.

If you want to learn more about Make, you can read up in the Help Center. I also recommend doing the tutorials in the Make Academy, and learn advanced skills like how to make custom apps to any API in the Make Partner Training Portal - both have certificates for successful completion.

For more information, see

2 Likes

Having the same issue but with Loops

@Jordan_Oram Welcome to the Make community!

That looks like a new question, could you please create a separate topic for this?

While it’s tempting to hop onto an existing thread, a more effective approach would be to start a new topic just for your question. Why? It helps community experts find and respond to your query quicker, and keeps our space organised for everyone. If you start a new conversation you are also more likely to get help from other users. Thank you for understanding and keeping our community neat and tidy.

Let’s click that “New Topic” link in the top-right of the header and submit your question there!

Screenshot_2023-12-19_091207