Instantly trigger & missing variables

Hey, i’m a zapier user and i’m trying to see if Make was able to perform a sequence that worked on Zapier but would be way to expensive to do (it would take to many credits).

To give you a break down of what I want to achieve:

When a new email is sent from Instantly.ai (in a specific campaign and its a specific step of my email sequence) I then want it to create a new item in my Monday.com Board in a specific group with information about this new sent email.

What is the problem:
Make is not able to track when instantly sends emails VIA the api connection, so it asks you to use a webhook, the issue with the webhook is that the variables or the information that i can collect through the webhhok is not relevant to what i need for this sequence. I would need the connection between make and instantly to find me the “step” of the email sequence, the “campaign” and the information of the person that I contacted in my sequence.

This is all information that can be found rather fast on Zapier, and the whole sequence can be created in a minute. I hope i’m doing something wrong so i can escape the high prices of zapier.

Is there a fix to this, am I doing something wrong? How do i add the variables that i need?

Below you an see all the variables the webhook collects.

Screenshot 2024-01-31 at 6.24.26 PM

Hey @aluvara , Welcome to the Make Community :tada:

Most times on Make, you need to make a test run of the scenario i.e trigger the webhook so that the scenario can ‘learn’ all the available variables. Once that is done, you should be able to see and map these variables accordingly.

I hope that helps you.

3 Likes

It appears that the Instantly app is under-developed at the moment, and there is no module to “Get Campaign Details”, using the “Campaign ID” received from the Webhook.

I’m sure you would agree that this is a rather necessary module to have, and it looks like an oversight to not have such a module.

You can submit this suggestion to the Idea exchange, under App improvement ideas.

Don’t forget to search for it first, just in case someone already suggested it, so that you don’t end up creating a duplicate.
Screenshot_2024-01-17_130153

In the meantime, as a workaround, you can use the “Make an API Call” module to call the “Get Campaign” endpoint on Instantly:

Screenshot_2024-02-01_154005

2 Likes

Hi - I am having the same issue but with not being able to ‘Get Lead’ with webhooks in Instantly. Is anyone able to help me with the ‘Make an API Call’ and this endpoint? Thank you!

Hey there @meredithscroggin :wave:

Although I can’t help you solve your issue, I came here to offer friendly advice. Remember that creating a new topic for your question is more effective than commenting on an old and already solved topic. If you got the impression, that your problem might be similar to a previous issue solved here, you can always insert a link to your post and ensure that everyone gets enough context.

Thank you for keeping our community organized! :pray:

1 Like