Is there a way to have Make.com email me when a webhook triggers?

I have a super simple scenario. A webhook triggers an empty email that let’s me know it’s my turn in a Civ6 game. The issue is that I can’t get any of the email options to work. Gmail requires extra setup and has a cost over X actions. Outlook SMTP says it authorizes successfully, but then when the scenario triggers it fails and says my email account is locked (even though it’s not).

Is there any way to have Make.com email me rather than setting up my own emailer just to email myself? I understand why for most automations where you’re sending emails to multiple recipients or someone other than yourself you’d need it to send from your own mailer, but for a basic self-notification, Make.com is already authorized to email me about issues with my scenario, so why can’t the trigger tell Make.com to email me a basic plain empty email?

Currently my work-around is that when the Outlook SMTP fails, Make.com emails me and says the scenario failed. Which in a roundabout way tells me the webhook got triggered. The issue is that every time that happens the scenario turns itself off and I have to log back in to turn it back on for the next time it’ll trigger. It’s already emailing me every time it triggers. I just need it to not disable itself.

Hi @Beege,

I think your best bet is to use one of the numerous email modules.
You can try signing up for Outlook.com email address, those are easy to set up, unlike personal Gmail accounts.

Another option is the iOS and Android modules, which can send push notifications to your phone.

There are others too, like Slack, Discord, etc…

3 Likes

Thanks. I have an Outlook email set up, tested/authenticated successfully, but it fails when the scenario triggers and says my Microsoft account is locked, even though it’s definitely not locked.

I looked into the Android module, but it looks like I need to install an app on my phone. I guess I could do that, but I was just hoping for a simpler solution for such a simple single trigger. Seems silly to install and set up yet another app on my phone just for this. Especially when Make already is ironically able to email me when the scenario fails to send me an email.

Welcome to the Make community!

That’s a great idea! I agree and I’m sure others would also agree that this is a nice feature to have.

You can submit this suggestion to the Idea exchange, under Platform ideas and improvements.

Don’t forget to search for it first, just in case someone already suggested it, so that you don’t end up creating a duplicate.
Screenshot_2024-01-17_130153

2 Likes

Got it. If you need more help with your email modules, let us know.

I can tell you if you’re using the Email module with a free Outlook.com email address, you can set it up using settings similar to this:

You can also use the Microsoft 365 Email module for your free Outlook.com email address.

2 Likes

I don’t know how or why, but this suddenly worked this time when I tried it. I tried the same setup multiple times before and it always threw an error about my account being locked, but now it’s working. Thanks!

2 Likes