Is there any way to archive Gmail emails in Make?

Hi there, I’m setting up an automation (from Andy O’neil’s template) to use ChatGPT to automatically label my Gmail emails → and then archive any emails with the label “Out of Office”.

All of it is working except for the final step.

To archive the email, I used the “Gmail - Move an Email” module. And set it up to move the email to the “Out of Office” folder.

However, when it executes, the email is still in my Gmail inbox :thinking:

I was wondering if it’s because the email has two labels on it (“Out of Office” and “@domain”). Could that be blocking it from moving it out of the Gmail inbox?

Is there any way around this? Is there a simpler way to just “archive” emails in Gmail?

Thank you for your help!

Welcome to the Make community!

To “archive” a thread, you need to use the modify email endpoint to remove the Inbox label from the email.

samliewrequest private consultation

Join the unofficial Make Discord server to chat with other makers!

2 Likes

Thank you, super helpful!

2 Likes

You should be able to integrate the endpoints in Make using the app’s universal module (Make an API call) or generic HTTP “Make a request” module.

You can also suggest for it to be made in the Idea exchange. Don’t forget to search for it first, just in case someone already suggested it, so that you don’t end up creating a duplicate.
Screenshot_2024-01-17_130153

If you need assistance in setting up the app’s universal module, or the generic HTTP module, please provide additional information about what you have tried with regards to the external service’s Developer API Reference – how you are setting the connection up, a link to the endpoint are you trying to connect to, and what errors you are encountering.

You can also complete this brand new course/tutorial in the Make Academy on how to use external APIs — API calls with HTTP modules

• API and Endpoints
  • Header and body
  • Multipart/form-data
  • OAuth 2.0

samliewrequest private consultation

Join the unofficial Make Discord server to chat with other makers!

1 Like

@samliew thank you for the great advice!

Interestingly, none of my incoming emails come with the “Inbox” label, and I can’t find it when I search for it via the “Modify Email” endpoint.

Here is how it looks like on Gmail:

And here is what it looks like on Make:

The “labels” array is empty.

What am I missing?

@jae101, could you share what worked for you?

Thank you both,