ISO Date Help Scout API Call

I am making an API call to HelpScout and I get an error on the start and end dates.

This is the error I get: The operation failed with an error. [400] : Bad request start Invalid date - expected ISO 8601 format (yyyy-MM-dd’T’HH:mm:ss’Z’)

I thought the date would already be passed in ISO 8601 format but I get the same error when I just use “now.” I have verified the connection to Help Scout but I can’t get any further with the API request.

The valid ISO format appears as follows: 2023-05-20T08:54:52+0000. Please note that you have included a single quote within the formatDate function.

To resolve the issue, I recommend utilizing the following formula for your start and end dates:

{{formatDate(now; “YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ssZ”)}}
(Please copy and paste the provided formula.)

Let me know should you have any further questions, and do not hesitate to reach out to us for help anytime.

1 Like

Thanks, but I’m still getting the same error.

Remove the doublequote from here and give it a try.

1 Like

No, that didn’t work either. It rotates between bad start date and bad end date. Am I using “now” wrong?

Nah, It looks good, give a try with this instead,

{{formatDate(now; “YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ss\Z”)}}

1 Like

No, that didn’t work. Any other ideas?

Can you pass me the API document for the endpoint that you are trying to integrate? Since, none of this works, I wanted to check the document and see if something is amiss.

To verify whether your current start and end date format is working or not, try setting the dates manually, for eg, if the format is correct just input start and end date and see if that works.

1 Like

From the document not sure if it the correct endpoint, but it states that the date must be,

start=2019-05-02T12:00:00Z
`end=2019-06-02T12:00:00Z

So, Just put start and end date as 2023-04-21T12:00:00Z and 2023-05-21T12:00:00Z respectively and see if that yields results, this way we can review what’s wrong with our current Make formatting.

1 Like

Plus, It seems they use 24 hour time with leading zero for hour value, maybe try this format,

{{formatDate(now; YYYY-MM-DDTHH:mm:ss\Z)}}

1 Like

OK we’re getting somewhere. It accepted the date in this format: 2023-05-01T12:14:24Z. I get an error when I try to use “now” or the formula.

Can you share the screenshot of the mapping for start and end with the current formatting that you are using not now with formatDate?

1 Like

This works

This doesn’t

Use this, just copy everything from here without changing.

YYYY-MM-DDTHH:mm:ss\Z

That worked! Maybe it was having everything capitalized with the ?