Issue with HTML formatting in emails

Hi everyone,

I’m currently working on automating email and I’m leveraging ChatGPT to draft the email content. Initially, I encountered a problem where the email appeared in a single line without proper formatting. To fix this, I asked ChatGPT to format the email in HTML, which solved the issue and gave me a nicely formatted email.

However, I now have a new issue: at the very beginning and end of my email, there are three apostrophes and the word “HTML” appears, which makes the email look unprofessional…

I want to keep the HTML formatting but eliminate the unwanted characters at the beginning and end. Has anyone encountered this issue before, or could you suggest a way to resolve this?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Beginning of the email:

End of the email:

Welcome to the Make community!

You can use the built-in function replace

e.g.:

{{ replace(1.html; "/(^```html\s*|\s*```$)/g"; emptystring) }}

For more information, see the function documentation in the Help Center.

Hope this helps! Let me know if there are any further questions or issues.

— @samliew


P.S.: Did you know, the concepts of about 70% of questions asked on this forum are already covered in the Make Academy. Investing some effort into it will save you lots of time and frustration using Make later!

Thank you for your quick reply Samliew! The problem is solved!
I didn’t know about this function, but I will remember it.