Issue with two scenarios that are related - Google Sheet add a row and update a row combo

Hi everyone, I’m super new to all of the automation process and I have zero skills with anything related to code, encrypting, commands, etc.
I have two scenarios I’m working on: The first scenario collects basic information from a landing page, and the second scenario collects more information about the same client as he continues the conversation.

The reason I have them on two different scenarios is because the first trigger for each one of the modules is “watch new subscribers” and from the looks of it, it seems that I cannot have two different “watch new subscribers” modules at the same scenario.

I’m using HubSpot CRM and Google Sheets modules to collect my data.

So…
1- On Google Sheet, I know that there’s the update row command, but it looks like it’s only for a specific row, and in my case, I need it to update the newest row automatically.
2- On HubSpot CRM, I have the same issue, I cannot figure it out.

I attached screenshots and hope they help…
Thank you!

Hi @BenOded,

To be able to update those records, you need to know which record to update (both in Gsheets & Hubspot).

So there are (at least) 2 solutions to this problem.

• You could try and pass the information from scenario 1 into scenario 2 (which is possible, but not convenient if your 2 starts with a watch module).
  • The other option is to add a lookup module before Gsheets & Hubspot respectively.

For Gsheets you can use the “Search Rows” module to lookup the row on which your data exists. And then use the row number that comes out of it, as input for your “update a row” module.

For Hubspot you can use the “Search for CRM objects” module (as that one gives more filter options vs the “Get a record” one). You will then get the Hubspot ID back, which you can use in as input for your “Contact ID” in the “Update a contact” module

2 Likes

I tried doing this on Gsheets and the update row works, just not for the newly added rows, it goes to previous rows that are missing the information…
As for HubSpot - no success at all.

Can you maybe post some screenshots? Those would help a lot

Thank you
Ben