JSON Payload Issue with Make When Automating Google Docs

Hello Community,

I’m reaching out today because I’ve hit a technical snag while setting up an automation using Make (formerly known as Integromat), and I’m somewhat at a loss on how to resolve it.

Problem Context

I am working on an automation flow that involves generating a Google Docs document from a template, using data pulled from Airtable. This should be a straightforward operation in Make, but I’m encountering an error that suggests there’s an issue with the JSON payload.

Specific Error Encountered

The specific error message I’m receiving is:

> The operation failed with an error. [400] Invalid JSON payload received. Unknown name “replaceText” at ‘requests[0].replace_all_text’: Proto field is not repeating, cannot start list. Invalid JSON payload received. Unknown name “replaceText” at ‘requests[9].replace_all_text’: Proto field is not repeating, cannot start list.

Steps I’ve Taken So Far

• I’ve checked and double-checked the settings within Make to ensure everything is configured correctly.
  • Searched various forums and documentation to see if others have faced a similar issue.
  • Tried adjusting the settings of the modules used in Make, but to no avail.

Reaching Out to the Community

Since I don’t have access to the internal details of the JSON requests that Make sends, I’m a bit stuck. If anyone has encountered a similar issue or has suggestions on what I might try, I would greatly appreciate your insights.

Your expertise and experiences could be invaluable in helping me get past this roadblock.

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance!

Welcome to the Make community!

1. Screenshots of module fields and filters, and errors (if any)

Please share screenshots of relevant module fields and filters in question? It would really help other community members to see what you’re looking at.

You can upload images here using the Upload icon in the text editor:
Screenshot_2023-10-07_111039

2. Scenario blueprint

Please export the scenario blueprint file to allow others to view the mappings and settings. At the bottom of the scenario editor, you can click on the three dots to find the Export Blueprint menu item.

Screenshot_2023-08-24_230826
(Note: Exporting your scenario will not include private information or keys to your connections)

Uploading it here will look like this:

blueprint.json (12.3 KB)

3. And most importantly, Output bundles

Please provide the output bundles of the modules by running the scenario, then click the white speech bubble on the top-right of each module, save the bundle contents in your text editor as a bundle.json file, and upload it here into this discussion thread.
Screenshot_2023-10-06_141025

Providing the output bundles will allow others to replicate what is going on in the scenario even if they do not use the external service.

Following these steps will allow others to assist you here. Thanks!

2 Likes