Hello dear Community,
I’m trying to calculate a value in the proces of downloading a JSON, and uploading it as an XML to a SFTP server.
So far everything is working, but not changing 1 value.
The steps are:
- Connect API and download JSON (parsing on)
- Calculate 1 value of the JSON
- Create XML
- Upload to SFTP.
Without step 2, everything is working fine.
The JSON file comes through to the SFTP like a charm.
But when I try to add the calculation, I can’t add the entire JSON array into the XML anymore and it only Exports 1 item.
So this works (all items are exported):
But when I try to attached the separate fields, only 1 item is exported:
Can someone please explain how I can calculate a value, and add it to the XML, but still all items are exported?
Thank you in advance!
Hey @J_Stouwdam , so the
3. Data.results.sku variable you are using is an array, which means it would hold multiple items. But placing it in there like this, basically tells the Make platform to grab item 1 (if you don’t put anything between the brackets [ … ] it basically takes  by default).
If you want to grab just a single item out of you results, like the SKU, but still have all items you need to:
- use an “Iterator” to iterate over the results[…] array
- Then add an “Aggregator” with the output set to the XML module
- This now allows you to map certain fields inside the aggregator , and still grab all items
Hope this helps you!
Hi @Bjorn.drivn ,
That’s awesome. I’ve had already tried it with the aggregator, but not with the iterator before that!
This works like a charm, thank you for your accurate advice!
Great to hear! Let me know if you have any other questions