Mail Attachment PDF is corrupted

We are making use of the following scenario:

Tripetto → Send data to APITemplate.io to generate a nice report with Graphs → Download the PDF as an attachment (using HTTP) → Send it via mail (SMTP).

Here is my blueprint

blueprint.json (20.4 KB)

All steps work as expected, except for the last part: the e-mail.

bundle.json (4.7 KB)

The email is sent to the recipient with an attachment PDF, but this is corrupted, also the size of the PDF is just about 300 bytes.

At the HTTP stage it al seems fine including the size of the PDF. I’m sending the filename and the data (bytes). Why is this happening?

These are the settings of the email

In my mailclient I see this:

Welcome to the Make community!

We need to see the data and mapped fields being passed into the APITemplate module.

Please share screenshots of the module fields and filters in question? It would really help other community members to see what you’re looking at.

You can upload images here using the Upload icon in the text editor:
Screenshot_2023-10-07_111039

Please export the scenario blueprint file to allow others to replicate the issue. At the bottom of the scenario editor, you can click on the three dots to find the Export Blueprint menu item.

Screenshot_2023-08-24_230826

Uploading it here will look like this:

blueprint.json (12.3 KB)

Please provide the input/output bundles of the modules by running the scenario, then click the white speech bubble on the top-right of each module, save the contents as a bundle.json file, and upload it here into this discussion thread:

Screenshot_2023-10-06_141025

Following these steps will allow others to assist you here. Thanks!

2 Likes

I’ve updated my request.

Has anybody had the same issues? Please help, I’m stuck right now.

Hi frissekom,

I looked at your blueprint, I would like to know why you use the “HTTP-Get a file” option?
With the map option, with the data and the filename, it doesn’t work?

PBI

2 Likes

Hi @Philippe_Billet,

I’ve removed this step, but then the PDF is corrupted as well. I’ve attached the PDF, as you can see it is generated, but not with the data.

Below the PDF which needs to be attached to the email.

https://s3.eu-central-1.amazonaws.com/pub-cdn-de.apitemplate.io/2023/10/cace3983-92eb-4216-b744-4d7811f9f46e.pdf

scan.pdf (113 Bytes)

The file “scan.pdf” is not really corrupted, I have tried to open it with a text editor:

It contains the link to the file you gave.

Could you try with this configuration:

Make documentation gives this interesting information about working with files.

Hope this helps.

PBI

1 Like

Thanks @Philippe_Billet! This does the trick :slight_smile: