Make.com equivalent or alternative to Zapier's email parser?

Is there a native Make equivalent to Zapier’s email parser or an alternative free(mium) tool that could be used for this purpose? Thanks!

@Zbulo :raised_hands:

Hi there! Thanks for your question. Could you please provide a bit more detail about what you are trying to do? That way, our community members can better help you. Stay tuned for their answers!

Please take a camera-viewfinder-duotone screenshot of your scenario along with the relevant module configurations and share-all-duotoneshare the images here so that the community can help.

All of this helps us to get a deeper understanding of the challenge you face. :make:

Hi @Zbulo ,

There is the Text Parser app with the Match elements module where you can select the email pattern to search for in a text. It will output the email when it finds one.

Glenn - Callinetic

2 Likes

Thanks Glenn, what I meant was something more in line with Zapier’s email parser that lets you build templates from which it extracts variables. See this example:

You could try mailparser.io

But regex gives more options.

3 Likes

Thanks @Jonx-BlusectorTech. You mentioned regex gives more options and I wondered whether you could provide an example of how to extract one of the five highlighted datapoints using it? Name, amount, currency, reference or transaction ID. Thanks!

Consider checking out Parsio (https://parsio.io). You can do some really cool stuff. Just highlight the data to extract and create an integration (where to export). It works like a charm

2 Likes

Looks great, but the entry level plan of $49/mth is a blocker, especially when one is used to the “free” service by Zapier.

We were looking for this also. It’s very disappointing to realize it’s missing from Make. They only allow 30/emails per month.

Hi guys, have you find anything ?
I actually try to make something with the text parser on my mails, but it’s hard to understand why it don’t work :confused:

1. The Make text parser is clunky to use.
  2. Zapier (especially if you have an account already) is the most affordable to use as trigger and then send by webhook to Make.
  3. Parsio and other paid services are more advanced, but also quite pricey for a standalone service.
1 Like

I’m looking for the same from Make as well.

Hi @Zbulo,
How is the email text getting into your Make Scenario? Do you have an email module that is getting the email or are you sending the content of the mail through a webhook to trigger the scenario? Either way, if you can get the text of the email, preferably without the HTML, you can just use a Text parser Match Pattern module to parse out the text and return all four elements you’re trying to get.

Here’s is how that might look:

The RegEx could be done a number of ways, but this is just a quick example:

From:\s*([\w\s])Amount received:\s([\w\s])Reference:\s([\w-])\sTransfer Number:\s*([\w#]*)

If the text you’re matching on is this:
Hello Owner,

You received 100 USD from JOHN SMITH.

The money is in your account and ready to use.

Payment details

John Smith

Amount received:
100 USD

Reference:
SHPOB2308-LL

Transfer Number:

Thanks,
The Wise Team

I’ve attached a blueprint so you can check it out for yourself.
EmailTextParser.json (7.1 KB)

4 Likes

Update: We were able to use the Gmail integration to login and look for Unread emails, then it marks them as Read and imports the data as needed. So Make ended up working after all.

Thanks @Donald_Mitchell! I’m using both methods, webhooks and Gmail. I had to admit your expeample works easier than I thought.

Struggling with my understanding of regex, it took me an inappropriate amount of time to setup this up for other email templates, but it now works. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

ChatGPT can also help get your regular expressions started if you feed it an example email.

2 Likes