Map Bundle Output to return a dynamic value (similar to mapping an array)

How do I use the map() function or similar to search a module output bundle?

I am using make.com to look-up a cell in excel where the Excel Retrieve Data module is given a single cell to pull data from, using a variable “{{79.output}}”

As this variable changes (ie C:13 to H:4).the modules bundle output then changes from bundle1.row.c.value to bundle1.row.h.value as well. (Screenshot 2)

This then creates a problem as I cannot use the Excel Get Data module’s output to map it to the next module, since this output item’s name keeps changing:

ie. bundle1.row.c.value-> bundle1.row.d.value → bundle1.row.h.value

I have even tried to aggregate the bundle output into an array, and use the map() function to search for an item within the array, however make.com does not like this for some reason.
" BundleValidationError
Validation failed for 1 parameter(s).

• Invalid number in parameter ‘UnitPrice’."

One solution COULD be to use the same initial input variable for the target cell to dynamically specify the bundle name. but neither of these formats are accepted by make.com

{{127.array[ ].row.{{79.output}}.value}}
bundle1.row.[output].value

Can anybody please help me change the mapping of a module’s output to use a dynamic reference or a search function that can retrieve the data ?

Hey @Alexey88, nice to meet you. :slight_smile:

I think the get() function can help here, maybe together with a map() function.
If you still need some help, I’m happy to take a look at it. Can you download a sample OUTPUT bundle from the MS 365 Excel module where you want to extract the data and share it here?

~ Jock

2 Likes