Need Help with Google Sheets Data Aggregation via Make.com

Hello Community,

I’m seeking guidance on how to use Make.com for data parsing and aggregation in Google Sheets. My objective is to automate the extraction of unique values from Column A in Sheet#1 and sum up corresponding values in Columns B and C for each unique entry, all within a neighboring sheet#2.

So far, I’ve explored various modules on Make.com but haven’t cracked the formula for filtering unique values and aggregating associated data as described.

Any advice on configuring Make.com to achieve this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Screenshot 2024-03-05 at 12.28.50

Screenshot 2024-03-05 at 12.29.01

Hey @Max017

First you have to use a array aggregator with all the required columns and group it by symbols and the use map and sum function for sum the value.
Step 1

Step 2

This is how your output will look like

Then map the values of the first column with key which is generated from array aggregator and the other two columns from the set multiple variable module

2 Likes

Thank you for your help, it worked!

I have one follow-up question, please.

In Google Sheets, the numeric value is separated by a comma every three digits (as in the screenshot).

Because of this, make.com doesn’t want to count it, and at the stage of setting multiple variables, it outputs 0.

How can I process the information in make.com considering this (without changing the numeric format in Google Sheets)?

The reason for 0 sum is because the values that are coming from google sheet are strings. So for that you have to parse the value to get the correct output. Here are the steps you can follow:

Step1:
You can use only map function for proceeds in set multiple variable which will return a array

Step2:
Then Iterate the array

Step 3:
Use a Numeric Aggregator to parse the text numbers into numbers and use the aggregate function SUM to add all the values

Step 4:
And then you can map the values in google sheet

2 Likes