No email header Stripe

Hi, I’m setting up a scenario where I need to get the “email address” a customer provides from Stripe, but am unable to see the “email” header in the fields… Receipt email isn’t what i need but the “email” you provide when paying. How do i get it to show up? Thank you!

According to Expanding responses | Stripe Documentation,

The Stripe “Watch Events” module doesn’t seem to allow you to pass the ("expand[]"=customer) parameter to the request, which would provide the details about the customer.

This means you can’t save an additional operation, and you’ll need to use the Stripe “Retrieve a Customer” module using the customer ID provided in the Customer variable of the trigger module, to fetch additional details about the customer.

You can submit this suggestion to the Idea exchange, under App improvement ideas. Don’t forget to search for it first, just in case someone already suggested it!

2 Likes

Hey, thanks for this! The customer variable is empty for me. What should I do in that case? Thank you!

Welcome to the Make community!

I’ve not worked with Stripe before, so I’ll need lots more information about your scenario to assist further.

1. Screenshots of module fields and filters

Please share screenshots of relevant module fields and filters in question? It would really help other community members to see what you’re looking at.

You can upload images here using the Upload icon in the text editor:
Screenshot_2023-10-07_111039

2. Provide scenario blueprint

Please export the scenario blueprint file to allow others to view the mappings and settings. At the bottom of the scenario editor, you can click on the three dots to find the Export Blueprint menu item.
Screenshot_2023-08-24_230826

(Note: Exporting your scenario will not include private information or keys to your connections)

Uploading it here will look like this:

blueprint.json (12.3 KB)

3. And most importantly, output bundles

Please provide the output bundles of the modules by running the scenario, then click the white speech bubble on the top-right of each module, save the contents as a text file, and upload it here into this discussion thread:

Screenshot_2023-10-06_141025

Providing the output bundles will allow others to replicate what is going on in the scenario without having access to your private connections.

Following these steps will allow others to assist you here. Thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks for suggesting to help - really appreciate it.

But i actually resolved this myself. For others encountering the same problem - easiest workaround is to activate receipts delivery to customers in Settings in your Stripe account. The receipt email will then turn from empty to populated as the customer email on Make. You can use that field.

1 Like

Hey there @rider92 :wave:

jumping in to give you a round of applause for coming up with a solution with @samliew’s help. It’s great to see that you solved this problem and enhanced your knowledge of the product. :muscle:

Also thank you very much for coming back here and sharing your ideas with us. This way our community stays tidy and clean for other users.

Keep up the amazing work! :sunny:

1 Like