I’ve set up a simple Notion scenario, that searches a Notion Database, compares it to some Google Sheets data, and inserts the data into Notion.
Everything worked fine until I changed the property names in Notion.
Since then, Notion throws the error “ undefined is not a property that exists.”
What I found out is, that the output of “Create a Database Item” doesn’t map the “Title” property. It only maps it as “unknown”.
Here’s the module output of a new testing scenario:
I’ve already tried to refresh the Notion module, remap the module, delete the module and create a new one and even set up a new testing scenario. Nothing works, besides mapping the title property manually. Since the actual database has a lot of properties and I’m quite lazy, I’d definitely prefer mapping the fields like I did before.
Again, the only thing I changed was the Notion property title name, before that, it worked fine.
This sounds pretty strange - in my experience, clicking on “Refresh” to the right of “Database ID” in the “Create database item” module works for this type of issue, as long as one also selects “Ok” after refreshing the properties.
Why are you mapping the Database ID dynamically? Is that because you use different databases for this automation?
What is the name of your Title property in Notion? (the one that you can expand as a page in the database)
Thanks for the quick reply!
Indeed, this is pretty strange. And yes, with “Refresh” I was able to solve this in the past.
I’m not mapping the Database ID dynamically, only the fields. I just covered the ID because it’s sensitive data (I guess?).
The name of my Title property is simply “title”, with a lowercase “T” instead of the standard “Title” with a capital “T”.
The database ID is the exact same one I used in the “Search Objects” module. This returns the correct data, so I guess this is not the issue.
Here are two more screenshots to clarify the setup:
I could also replicate the issue - and when I changed “title” to “Title”, it worked. It seems this has to do with naming the primary key “title” with a lowercase specifically. I will continue to investigate
Apologies for the delay, and I’m sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.
I I want to inform you that this is a known issue on our end, and our development team is actively working on rolling out a fix. I’ll keep a close eye on the progress and update you here as soon as I have any new information.
Thank you very much for your patience and understanding.
thanks for the reply!
Alright, glad the issue wasn’t on my side
For anybody who runs into the same problem before the issue is resolved:
Just map the fields manually and make sure to select the correct “value type”, especially for text fields, since most Notion text fields are actually “Richt Text” rather than just “Text”.
It takes a bit longer than just selecting the fields, but works.
A big thank you for your understanding! The team is now testing a potential solution and as soon as everything checks out, they will roll the fix out. As mentioned before, I’ll make sure to update this thread once that happens.
Also, thank you so much for sharing the workaround with the community! This is incredibly valuable and could help many users who are facing this.
Unfortunately, this issue is still waiting to be resolved. The development team is conducting tests and once completed, they will release the fix.
I am monitoring the situation and I will update everyone in this thread as soon as the fix is implemented. If you’d prefer email notifications, you can open a support ticket to be automatically informed once the fix is rolled out.
In the meantime, you could check out the workaround suggested by @alexb1995 and see if it might be of assistance.
I’m sorry for any frustration or inconvenience this has caused.
Thank you for your patience and understanding