Notion Search Objects Filter doesn't find anything (formula property)

Hi everyone,

There is an issue I just can’t figure out. I have 2 notion databases : Job Offers & Applicants.
My Job Offers databases generates a unique email alias for every job offer thanks to a unique id field.

ID generated by Notion = JCP-[number] (e.g. JCP-5)
Email alias = equipe+jcp-5@gmail.com

My make scenario is :

• Watch Outlook emails to filter any new applicants
  • extract the alias email used to receive the application & unique ID of the job
  • search my Job Offers Database to get the database item id of the job offer that has this email alias
  • create the new applicant in the Applicants Database & link it to the Job offer he-she applied for

But my search object module doesn’t find any item in my job offer database with the formula (see screenshot).

I tried various type of filters, tried formating to text my email alias in both the database and the set multiple variables module that extracts it for me out of the outlook email…

I am just getting crazy over this !

Do you have any idea of what to do please ?

Hello @Pauline_Reant,

unfortunately I’m not able to help you but I’m rather writing here because I have the same problem and I cannot find a solution either. Hope my reply gives your post another boost for reach and that someone is able to help us.

I also want to search an object (database item) on Notion based on a formular-output (email address). I also tried different set ups but nothing has worked.

So I looked around and googled but all I could find are people with similar problems but no solution.

Unfortunately it seems that Notion is not sending/providing any information from formular fields to make so make cannot compare it to anything.

I hope I’m wrong and someone can still help us here.

Thank you very much.

Hi @Pauline_Reant ,

This “Formula: String - Equals” looks a little bit strange, what are the other options?
A filter on a string is not sufficient?

BR,

PBI

2 Likes

I kept trying around and turns out that for me the problem was not in the formular field but in the select field which I set as a second filter (“and” condition). I used the wrong filter selection (I used a text filter instead of a select filter).

So, for me the filter for the email address in the formular field works with “Formular: String - Contains”. I think you should try “contains” instead of “equal”.

Hope that solves the problem for you too @Pauline_Reant

Hi everyone, thanks for your answers!

Nice to hear that you solved the problem @Christin ! I had to find a workaround because no matter the filter i used “Formula - String Contains” “Formula - String Equals” “Text Contains”, “Text Equals”, etc etc, it didn’t work !

So i finally set up my “Search Object” module to search a page instead of a database item with a concise query string and added a filter between this module and the one after to ensure that the only page found by this module that will go through the next modules of my scenario was the one that belonged to my database “Offers”.

Screenshots attached :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hey there @Pauline_Reant :wave:

Thank you for returning to us with this workaround! We deeply appreciate that you are keeping us posted. :pray:

FYI: I marked your last comment as a solution to keep our community organized and neat.

1 Like