OneDrive "Get a File" has stopped working

Hello, I created a help ticket but thought I would ask here to see if anyone else is having this problem.

Sometime in the last few days the “Get a File” task of the OneDrive application has stopped working. My scenario finds the path to a folder that we have stored in another system. It then uses the “Get a File” OneDrive app to find the folder by name and get the necessary ID to work with it in future tasks.

We use this scenario a few times per week, but at the start of this week it started failing. The error on OneDrive Get a File was 404 file not found. I searched for something that had changed and couldn’t find anything. I also reauthorized my application’s connection but nothing changed.

I decided to recreate this part of the scenario, so I added a new instance of the Get a File task into the scenario. I clicked through the settings to set it up and whenever I go to select a file it tries to search, spins momentarily, and then says “Failed to load data!”

Steps to reproduce:

1. Make a connection to OneDrive
  2. Add the “Get a File” task to the scenario
  3. Choose your connection in the first field
  4. Choose “File Path” for the “Enter (File ID & File Path)” <-this is important
  5. From “Enter a File Path” choose “Select from the list”
  6. Choose your OneDrive location: Any valid choice
  7. The next step varies depending on the previous step: Choose any valid option
  8. Click the box to choose a file

Expected behavior:

• I would see a list of folders and files and I could select one

Actual behavior

• It tries and then says “Failed to load data!”

Note: There are two ways to get a file: by File ID and by Path. I need to use the path. However, when I try to recreate this problem by using the File ID everything works as expected.

I’m not sure if there’s enough information here to know exactly what’s going on, but I’ve had similar issues with OneDrive in the past. You may want to check if the file or folder path is valid. There are certain character limits on the path and filename length (400 and 259 respectively, I believe). And there are also certain forbidden characters: " * : < > ? / \ |.

Hope this helps!