PDF.co Search and Replace Text not working

I have a PDF that gets generated for each of my clients and I have a term that needs updating each time (not generated by me, so can’t change it initially).

I have tried converting the text to a word doc and uploading to drive, to use the google doc replace text, but because it’s not a native document. It won’t allow it.

It gets the doucment ok, says it does it’s thing and then saves it, but when I open the saved document, it hasn’t found the text, nor replaced it. I have tried making it look directly at the page and also search the whole document, to no avail. I also just made it search for a simple work to replace (name) and it didn’t find it at all.

Screenshots for reference. Any ideas? I’m wondering if it’s not picking up the input in 'Text to Search" field as a text object

I

I have tried composing a string to then put that ‘text’ in to search for - but that didn’t work either.

@admins Any support on this one? Thank you

Welcome to the Make community!

Without access to your PDF file, it is almost impossible to tell why it doesn’t work on your PDF.

Perhaps share a link to it?

samliewrequest private consultation

Join the unofficial Make Discord server to chat with other makers!

1 Like

The normal file holds a great deal of personal information, so I have extracted the page and had to edit the file to remove the details, so not sure if that ruins the integrity of what sharing it is trying to achieve. However, I did just run it directly on this file and it still didn’t work, so maybe not! - here it is Dropbox

Definitely works for me.

Screenshot_20240530_134620

Output

Screenshot_20240530_134628

A possible issue is that you did not download the output URL.

Since you’ve mentioned that there is sensitive data involved, for further assistance, perhaps you can either hire a professional or contact PDF.co support.

1 Like

Are you able to screenshot your output data and where you mention the output URL?

Here you go

Screenshot_20240530_145101

Thanks Sam, that was helpful. It seems the “Download a File” export type, sends the data through of the original document, instead of the updated file, where as the JSON sends the new file. I’ve been able to resolve it with that change.

2 Likes

No problem, glad I could help!

1. If anyone has a new question in the future, please start a new thread. This makes it easier for others with the same problem to search for the answers to specific questions, and you are more likely to receive help since newer questions are monitored closely.

2. The Make Community guidelines encourages users to try to mark helpful replies as solutions to help keep the Community organized.

This marks the topic as solved, so that:

• others can save time when catching up with the latest activity here, and
  • allows others to quickly jump to the solution if they come across the same problem

To do this, simply click the checkbox at the bottom of the post that answers your question:
Screenshot_2023-10-04_161049

3. Don’t forget to like and bookmark this topic so you can get back to it easily in future!

4. Do join the unofficial Make Discord server for live chat and video assistance

1 Like