Problem Invoice number and Date Zoho Invoice Creation

Dear,

I am facing a simple problem here :

First, I need an invoice number, generated automatically as it is automation, how do I generate one within Make?

Secondly, when I use the date column information from Google spreadsheets (format DD/MM/YYYY) and pass it through Zoho invoice, it tells me : “date format invalid”.
I thought about using the “now” from Make to get the current day and time, but then if by any chance the automation doesn’t happen the same day as the date in the excel, the invoice date will not corresponds to the excel information…

Do you have any ideas concerning these two problems?

Thank you

Best regards,

Arthur

Hi @Arthur_Pasquet ,

For the 1st problem, please, check if the Invoice number is well filled in the input mapping of the Zoho module.
For the 2nd, there is interesting information here.

BR,

PBI

2 Likes

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

I want to fill automatically the Zoho invoice number. How to do so?

You have to define it on your own, I think.
The main problem is that you have to manage it (I think that it is unique).
Here are the best practices.

2 Likes

Yes, I see that, but is there any possibility to define like “Invoice Arthur 1” and to add “1” for each iteration?
so the next time it writes “Invoice Arthur 2” etc?

You can use a Google Sheet (or any other database) and increase when you add a new invoice (and store the new ID in the database).

2 Likes

Yes seems like a good idea, thank you !

More simple - without database: you can concatenate the customer ID with the current timestamp (and convert it into a string).

2 Likes

Hm, I don’t see the possibility to use the customer ID from the Zoho module inside itself, if it makes sense.
Look :

I can’t call the customer ID from above within the same module.

Sorry, I do not know Zoho, but you usually need the customer ID to create the invoice, it doesn’t work like that?

Hi Arthur,

I see this post late, sorry.

1st problem: set “Ignore auto number generation” to ‘false’ and don’t set any invoice number. This way it will set automatically the invoice number (if this option is setup in Zoho Books too).

About the date: use YYYY-MM-DD format.

I hope this will be useful.

2 Likes