Question on Google Drive URL formatting and 0codekit

Good evening

Is anyone using 0codekit to “Overlay Two images” ? I have a question on the correct format of the Front and back URLs.

I use Google Drive to store my original images and my overlay templates, I intend to select an image for the back and an overlay for the front and have a combined image returned that will get downloaded back to another location in my Google Drive. This way I can automate my overlay process saving me a ton of time.

Unfortunately, I can only get 0code overlay to work and return blank images or an error

Currently, I am attempting to use the URL format of

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=download&id=FILE_ID (where file ID is the actual id of the the file)

any thoughts would be greatly appreciated in advance, thank you

Welcome to the Make community!

Did you also set the file to “public” using the Get a share link module? If not, other services won’t be able to download from the URL.

3 Likes

Yes i did, here is the result

There is an encoding issue when downloading certain files from Google Drive.

I have mentioned more details here: Read text in .txt file stored in google drive - #4 by samliew

The usual workaround was to use a “Convert encoding” module, or a “Convert image” module, but that doesn’t apply here because you are passing the URL directly to 0-CodeKit, and not the file data.

Please try using a different file hosting service instead.

2 Likes