What I’m trying to do
- Monitor an RSS feed (generated by Google Alerts)
- Watch for new items in the RSS feed
- Check for new items in the feed every few hours
- If there are no new items, end the Scenario.
- If there are new items, grab data from just the first item (doesn’t matter if there are multiple new items) and continue on with my automation
What I’ve tried
Scenario A: Retrieve RSS feed as the first step in a Scenario every X num of minutes
Scenario B: Watch RSS feed items as the first step in a Scenario that also runs every X num of minutes
Scenario A runs predictability, but often the first item in the RSS feed has not changed, so every often my automation runs on the same piece of content. I get duplicates in my final output.
Scenario B works great if I manually run it. It checks for new items, stops the automation at the first step if there’s nothing new and continues on if there is. However, for some reason, Scenario B is not running automatically on my timer. I can’t figure out why. It only works if I manually trigger it, even though it’s set on a schedule.
- Am I missing something simple for Scenario B?
- Is this the best way to solve this problem?