Reusing Connections

I’m working on a new scenario to replace an existing one we’ve had for a while now but really isn’t meeting our requirements.

While setting this up, I’m noticing problems with the connections we have already configured. They don’t appear to be able to be used in new scenarios. I don’t know why this is the case, as we’ve used these across other scenarios before just fine.

Also these connections seem to be different to what we’ve used in the past, for example the gmail connection is completely different now, we certainly didn’t need to create an application and OAuth client in Google last time we used this (we don’t have one set up!).

I guess the quesiton is, how do I go about using these already established connections instead of needing to re-create everything?

Welcome to the Make community!

This is only required for Gmail personal accounts.

This is due to Google’s API changes.

If you need to use a deprecated connection, there is no guarantee they will continue to work in future, and it can be terminated by Google any time.

This is not really a Make issue.

But if you still want to use a deprecated module/connection, you can ask Make support to see if they can enable access for you.

For technical issues like this, directly contacting support can often lead to a faster resolution. They have access to your specific account details, scenario and scenario logs, server-side logs, and internal tools and resources, which allows them to investigate more thoroughly than what you have access to. Additionally, sharing sensitive information about your situation might not be suitable for an open forum discussion.

You can open a new ticket, or if you are unable to login for some reason, you also can reach support using the contact form on the website.

If you manage to get your issue resolved with support, we’d still love to hear about it! Sharing your solution on the forum can help others facing similar problems.

1 Like

Okay, but what about other connections like Slack? Also seeing the same issue? I don’t see it documented in the interface at all that a connection is deprecated.