Send lead information from Smartlead.ai to Monday.com

Hi there makers,

Searched for this before posting, but didn’t really find a match that made me realise what I am doing wrong, so here goes:

When a lead category is updated in smartlead, I want the lead to appear as a new item in monday.com.

Created a custom webhook which fetches the data from smartlead, which works as intended, but when sending the info to the Monday module, I get this error:

The operation failed with an error. [200] invalid value, please check our API documentation for the correct data structure for this column. Guide to Changing Column Values [ Error Code: ColumnValueException / Error Details: {“column_value”:“{"text"=>"Noah LinkedIn"}”,“column_type”:“LinkColumn”} ]

I am just getting into automations so this is a bit confusing… Noteworthy is that the lead I was using as test didn’t contain all information that I the module is intended to send to monday.com (meaning, this module will normally, when working, send for example name, email, linkedin and company name. This test lead i was using is for example only having name and email)

Attached a photo of the error as well.

Thankful for answers!
/Noah

I think one of the issues was that the test-sample I did had insufficient information (for example, no linkedin profile or website url). However, I want to be able to run the module even if a certain lead happens to have empty fields, meaning if a lead is missing a linkedin profile url, I still want the lead to be created as an item in monday (but the linkedin column would be blank of course).

I found out that I can do routers on that, but I have many colums and am not sure that making like 5 routes (one for each possible missing column) would be ideal…

With consultation of ChatGPT 4, I have now tried this (see pictures) for the URL’s that are missing:

But I get “Invalid reference in parameter” warnings when trying to run my scenario.

Anyone got an idea on how to get past this?

blueprint.json (20.2 KB)

Here is the blueprint of what actually worked. I had to use a combination of ‘if’ and ‘length’ in order to format the linkedin url the way I wanted without it failing to import the all the webhook value if the linkedin url was missing from a particular lead. This way, the linkedin url shows as “[firstname] LinkedIn”

Hey @Brannztrom

According to make.com, it is recommended to utilize conditional statements, such as ‘if-else’ statements, in the following manner

if (expression; value1; value2)

Screenshot 2024-01-21 023217

3 Likes

You should use the built-in function ifempty. It’s as simple as that!

This function will use the first parameter if available and not empty, otherwise the second parameter will be used.

{{ ifempty(1stURL; 2ndURL) }}

For more information and ifempty examples, see https://www.make.com/en/help/functions/general-functions#ifempty--value1--value2-

Links

Here are some useful links and guides you can use to learn more on how to use the Make platform, apps, and app modules. I found these useful when I was learning Make, and hope they might benefit you too —

General

Help Center Basics

Articles & Videos

3 Likes