Shopify: Mapping Fulfillment Order ID from Manual Fulfillment Orders

I also have a question in this regard.

In my E-Mail it said:

Hey there,

We’re reaching out with an important update regarding your Shopify scenarios. Starting Wednesday, March 29th, 2023, due to Shopify API changes, the Fulfillment modules will no longer be available.

In order to keep your scenarios running, we recommend you to rebuild your scenarios using the available Fulfillment Order modules the following way:

Open a Fulfillment Mark a Fulfillment Order as Open

Create a Fulfillment Create a Fulfillment for Fulfillment Orders

Update a Fulfillment Update a Fulfillment Tracking

Complete a FulfillmentCreate a Fulfillment for Fulfillment Orders

Cancel a Fulfillment Cancel a Fulfillment Order

I am using the Create a Fulfillment module, so after a order comes in I can automaticly fullfill the order since it will be directly shipped.

Do I have to change the module I am currently using?

If I need to change to Create a Fulfillment for Fulfillment Orders can you help setting it up.

Because when I try to use it and keep using the same parameters i get:

“The operation failed with an error.”

“##### Error”

“Not Found”

Looking forward to hear from you, thank you.

1 Like

Hello @Nico_Teuschler welcome to the community :wave:

When using the basic Create an Order feature, a Fulfillment Order is automatically created, and together with the data about the Order you should also get the ID of the fulfillment.

You’ll then map that into Create a Fulfillment for Fulfillment Orders.

Please note that these are changes that Shopify is making in their API and that we are simply trying to accommodate them in the most efficient way.

1 Like

Hey Michaela,

I do not create an Order with make. I receive an order by the shopfy module New Event.
I think that the typical use case, since Orders come from Shopify by customers.

I proceed with this order and create a shipping link etc. and afterwards I want to update the customer that the order is fullfilled.

Is there any other way to get the ID of the fulfillment when I get the Order by using the “New Event” module?

1 Like

Also when using the Module “Get Order” I dont see any fullfillment ID.

1 Like

Please See Attached. It’s an ARRAY, so you have to drill down

2 Likes

Hello Jmacman,

I already drilled done in my image.

You receive your fullfillment ID from an update tracking module.

Do you also receive new orders by the module “New Event”?

If so what is your choosen event?

1 Like

Sometimes in Make, you have to put a module in front of the module in order to obtain the data you need. For example I use a Get Customer module just to return the Tags in an Array format. Sometimes, even though the module is not significant and not needed, you put in the module, so that you can obtain the Fulfillment ID, because you may not be able to get it from the Orders module.

1 Like

Same as @Nico_Teuschler , my orders are created by Shopify. Using “Get an Order”, the Fulfillments array is empty.

My scenario receives the OrderID and the tracking info, so I want to create a fulfillment and close the order… should I keep using the “Create Fulfillment” module? Or do I need a module to somehow create the fulfillment order (which?) and then use “Create a Fulfillment for Fulfillment Orders” to close it ?

1 Like

I really would like to receive an answer on my and also @fmtavares use case. Thank you for letting us know if we need to cahnge something and what exactly. Thanks.

Hello everyone,
let me jump in with some additional information that has not been said yet which could be beneficial.

Since the recent API changes in the Shopify system, the issue with Fulfillment ID may arise when you have Manual Fulfillment selected in your Shopify store.

The retrievability of the Fulfillment ID is defined by Shopify API and their settings in general, which means that what I would strongly recommend is contacting Shopify Support and ask them what the best course of action is for situations where you have Orders created via Shopify by the customer and the Fulfillment is manually created.

From our side, we are trying to accommodate the changes in the best way possible, unfortunately our options are limited as well due to the value not being provided in the output of the module/API call, we cannot easily retrieve it as the endpoint does not allow such an action.

Hopefully, Shopify Support will provide you with a solution that can be used in the scenarios.

Thank you for understanding.

Take care.

2 Likes

Hello,

thanks for your reply David. Here is the solution if somebody needs it:

I found a simple way to get the Fulfillment Order ID of Mnaul Orders using the Module “List Fulfillment Order”. It takes the Object ID of the “New Event”, since this New Event is a new order the Object ID ist the Order ID.

Further I used the Module “Create a Fulfillment for Fulfillment Orders” and used the Output of “List Fulfillment Order” which is the Fulfillment Order ID and Line Items IDs.

These parameters can then be used in “Create a Fulfillment for Fulfillment Orders” to create the fulfillment.

@David_Palac: No need to contact the Shopify Support team. :wink:

3 Likes

@Nico_Teuschler it does work as you describe :+1:

For the sake of future users looking for this solution, in the “Create a Fulfillment for Fulfillment Orders” , the “Line Items by Fulfillment Order” field should have 1 item with the “Fulfillment Order ID” that you get from the previous “List Fulfillment Order” module and the “Fulfillment Order Line Items” can be mapped to the Line Items from the previous module:

2 Likes

Thanks so much for sharing your solution with the community @Nico_Teuschler Incredibly helpful stuff! :clap: :muscle:

Just FYI: I split the original question into two parts in order to make info distribution a bit more organized.

I’ve spent over a week trying to find this solution. This solution is important enough that it needs to be put in a user’s face when they open the deprecated “Create Fulfillment” module. This isn’t just an oversight of Shopify changing their API, it’s incumbent on you to make these connections seamless and intuitive. Furthermore, this should be solved by Make, with people with access to live Shopify or whichever third party tools are currently being supported by Make (formerly known as Integromat).

Hello @cmele90 welcome to the community :wave:

Also, thank you very much for the valuable feedback regarding the updated Shopify modules. Your input is 100% appreciated :pray: I passed this on to the relevant team so that they can review it and see how the situation can be improved.

Thanks again for raising this here!