Short Term Rental: Opening an intercom by calling a phone number and using Nuki hardware

Hi everyone,

My goal is to open an intercom by calling a phone number. The idea is to use this system for short term rentals.
Right now my hardware is a “Nuki Opener” that makes me able to open the intercom through through the Nuki app. But I can’t ask the guests to download the app and so I need to open my app everytime the client comes.
The Nuki opener is bluetooth and connected to the internet using a bridge. There is an api for Nuki so I guess we can use it with make.com even though there is no Nuki app available on make.com
My idea of the workflow would be to subscribe to a virtual phone number that could be plugged to make.com. Once the guest calls that phone numbers it sends the info to nuki custom app then to the device which will open the door.

Does that sound possible for you? If yes I would be happy to start a job with a professionnal to make it work.

The idea would then be to generate one time only phone numbers and to create a rule that opens the second lock (which is a smartlock).

I know that gsm modules with sim card exist but I like the nuki system, so I am looking for a workflow like this.

Best regards to the community

@Baruck Sounds like an idea which is possible for sure. There is a pretty easy step by step guide if you like to set it up: Nuki Developers

Also, why not use SMS with a certain format to allow your clients to open it if they send the correct password or something?

1 Like

Hello, thank you for your answer. I don’t see the step by step guide following your guide but a guide to start using the api.
I am not a developer and looking for someone to do it for me.
SMS seems too much complicated for the clients in my opinion.

Hey @Baruck This is doable for sure with API if endpoint is available. Can you be more clear in terms of Nuki that what you wanna do?? IS it “open/lock door”??

i am a custom app developer from 5+ years and i can do if you say so

Princy Jain
Make consultant,
For consulting support: Follow up Automated