Split discord messages

i
i am currently sending urls into a discord channel. those automatically are watched by make and then put into a new row into google sheets.

i now want to add to the message which is just the url some hashtags.

is it possibe with make to watch the channel for new messages, then split the message in 2 parts (URL + hashtags) and then put both parts into two separate cells in the new row in google sheets?

thanks!

Hey @saint_sat

Yes, achieving this is possible through the use of regular expressions or other text manipulation tools. If you provide an example message, I can demonstrate the process by performing relevant functions to obtain the desired results

3 Likes

cool!

message is eg:
"
https://chat.openai.com/c/a9679a78-54b0-43ac-b00b-e86efd3f9c93 #useful ai chatgpt

#chat
"

thanks!!!

(ps: the forum here makes the example hastags to clickable tags here sometimes)

Hey @saint_sat

Okay, you can achieve this by using the split function, like this

Screenshot 2024-01-21 013247

And you will get results like this
Screenshot 2024-01-21 013320

3 Likes

awesome thanks!!!

is it possible that i extract the hashtags with the “#”?

Hey @saint_sat

It will work

result

{{split(get(split(“https://chat.openai.com/c/a9679a78-54b0-43ac-b00b-e86efd3f9c93 #useful”; “#”); 1) + “,
#” + get(split(“https://chat.openai.com/c/a9679a78-54b0-43ac-b00b-e86efd3f9c93 #useful”; “#”); 2); “,”)}}

3 Likes

awesome!

but how can i make this generic so that every “#wordplaceholder” from my discord message gets cut out and put into a new varibale value? :smiley:

thanks so much!

@saint_sat

You can seamlessly integrate your link directly into this function, and it will effectively handle all types of links

2 Likes

thanks!!!

where can i find the split function? unfortunately i started only by today with make…also searched in google but cant find it

like which tool do i have to use?

@saint_sat

You will find split function in “text and binary functions”

2 Likes

but which tool? sorry im completetly new

so i try to explain in an easy way again what i want to archieve::

i send all the time a message to a discord channel with “URL #placeholder #placeholder #placeholder…”

what i want to try is that make watch the channel. if it checks that theres a new message
get the message and split it into 2 variables/values (dont know the difference here in make)
like lets say 2 messages. 1st = “URL” 2nd message= “#placeholder #placeholder #placeholder” (so all the hashtags)

i then want make to add a new row into a google sheet table and put “URL” into a cell of column A and “#placeholder #placeholder #placeholder” (so all the hashtags) into column B of this new row.

:smiley:

@saint_sat

Can you tell me the maximum number of hashtags that can be included in your message?

2 Likes

would say max is about 10…would that be too much?
sometimes when i send the url from my phone into the discord channel it adds also a new line after the url and before the #'s when i add them to the message with the url

please show me your scenarios so i can give you exact advice on where to edit what in your scenario

Welcome to the Make community!

For others to assist you effectively, so you can get your solution faster, please provide the following details:

1. Screenshots of module fields and filters

Please share screenshots of relevant module fields and filters in question? It would really help other community members to see what you’re looking at.

You can upload images here using the Upload icon in the text editor:
Screenshot_2023-10-07_111039

2. Scenario blueprint

Please export the scenario blueprint file to allow others to view the mappings and settings. At the bottom of the scenario editor, you can click on the three dots to find the Export Blueprint menu item.

Screenshot_2023-08-24_230826
(Note: Exporting your scenario will not include private information or keys to your connections)

Uploading it here will look like this:

blueprint.json (12.3 KB)

3. And most importantly, Output bundles

Please provide the output bundles of the modules by running the scenario, then click the white speech bubble on the top-right of each module and select “Download output bundles”.
Screenshot_2023-10-06_141025

A.

Save the bundle contents in your text editor as a bundle.txt file, and upload it here into this discussion thread.

Uploading it here will look like this:

bundle.txt (12.3 KB)

B.

If you are unable to upload files on this forum, alternatively you can paste the formatted output bundle in this manner:

• Either add three backticks ``` before and after the code, like this:

```
    input/output bundle content goes here
    ```

• Or use the format code button in the editor:
    Screenshot_2023-10-02_191027

Providing the output bundles will allow others to replicate what is going on in the scenario even if they do not use the external service.

Following these steps will allow others to assist you here. Thanks!

2 Likes

Hey @saint_sat

try this
You can change {{6.Link}} to your message coming from Discord

I use set variable for this

And you can map things in your google sheet like this . It will work for 10 tags .

2 Likes

nice thanks! can you maybe upload a screenshot what tool i have to use and where i have to place the tools etc? thanks!

@saint_sat

You can use “set variable” and direct map your value in Google sheet module

2 Likes

thanks!!!

what are those brackets i marked in my screenshots for?

i dont have / get them?

if mine is correct at all?

it’s really hard for me to understand your setup