Stop Make Scenario when Output contains a bundle with nothing in it

I’d like to stop a scenario when the initial module searches and returns a bundle with nothing in it. Otherwise further down the line I waste operations and get errors. How can I do this?

Hi Tim,

You can use a filter on this.
You set it up on the line between two module, it’s a wrench icon.

2 Likes

Screenshot_2023-08-18_100831

2 Likes

Thanks @Donald_Mitchell. I think I’m missing something obvious but I can’t seem to find the “total number of bundles” option for the condition.

@samliew what’s the module sitting before your filter there? Is it something special so you can reference the bundles?

I’m just recreating your output from your screenshot of the Notion module - use that.

2 Likes

@samliew How do you reference total numbers of bundles like you did? It’s probably obvious sorry. :man_facepalming:

Click in the Condition field, and then in the resuting popup modal next to it, select the Star tab (or already selected by default), then find the variable from previous modules you want to insert.

2 Likes

@samliew thanks. I think I can’t see the total number of budles because the only module prior to this filter is the Notion module and so “total number of bundles” isn’t an option.

1 Like

Did you try to expand the arrow on the left of Notion, or click the “Expand all” header?

2 Likes

@samliew Yeah sorry I just closed it because it’s huge. You can see if I search for total there’s no option for this “total number of bundles”. That looks like it’s specifically from the Basic trigger module though and I don’t have that, just the Notion one. Are all modules meant to contain that? Perhaps this is a limitation of the Notion module somehow?

Maybe “total number of bundles” only appears when there are no outputs, like in your first screenshot. Try to reproduce that first, then the variable will be available to you.

1 Like

Thanks for your patience @samliew. I’ve found it now. The scenario I was trying to use it on was different to that first one I posted. This makes perfect sense now and I’ve got it working. Thank you. :pray: