The Trigger "Clock Icon" Moves Independently to Middle of Scenario? Support says it's not a bug?

Twice now this has happened to me where I come back to the scenario I was working on to find the clock that designates the starting module moved to the Router module in my scenario. I can not move the clock back to the start of the chain, and the only way I have been able to fix it is to delete the Iterator and make the empty module the starting Etsy module. Basically having to recreate the whole scenario because nothing is mapped correctly.

I don’t know why the clock is moving or what is moving it. I certainly am not moving it, but why would it just move to the center on its own?

Below are screencaps of my scenario before and after. I can’t find anything in the Make documentation that tells me why the starting module has redefined itself.

i

This is such odd behavior that surely I am missing something and have set something up incorrectly, but I can’t find anything that tells me what that might be.

For technical issues or bugs like this, directly contacting support can often lead to a faster resolution. They have access to your specific account details, scenario and scenario logs, server-side logs, and internal tools and resources, which allows them to investigate more thoroughly than what you have access to. Additionally, sharing sensitive information about your situation might not be suitable for an open forum discussion.

You can open a new ticket, or if you are unable to login for some reason, you also can reach support using the contact form on the website.

If you manage to get your issue resolved with support, we’d still love to hear about it! Sharing your solution on the forum can help others facing similar problems.

Thank you for your advise. Part of my issue here is that all of this is so outside my realm of experience that I don’t know when something is a “technical issue or bug” or when something is just user error. I consider myself technically competent, have worked at tech companies in non-tech roles, but the documentation here is difficult to comprehend unless you come already with a baseline understanding. I have yet to find a “no code platform” that doesn’t require you to understand coding in order to know how it works.

Until reading your response, I did not even know 1) whether my issue was a bug, a configuration issue, or just user error and 2) that I was sharing any sensitive information. For my understanding, what sensitive information am I sharing? I thought to post here because I have had limited success with Make.com support. Some helpful but most dismissive in their responses like “read the documentation” or “watch Make Academy”. Yep, done all that, still don’t understand what I’m doing wrong. I think they would benefit greatly from hiring a technical writer who specializes in writing for non-technical audiences.

Whatever was causing the original issue has not reappeared. I do not know what the original issue was or what I might have changed to have it no longer happen but it hasn’t been a problem again.

I agree, that is a very unhelpful and dismissive response for a bug report. Did you provide the screenshot you’ve shown us here? I think that would immediately clear up any doubts that this is clearly a bug, as it is literally impossible for us to set/drag the trigger to begin in the middle of the scenario.

If this “trigger in the middle of scenario” bug/issue were to happen again, you should just pester Make support that this is not the first time and support needs to fix it.

For now I’ve edited your forum thread title to more accurately reflect the issue.

Are you making sure you are saving the scenario before leaving the screen? I have had that happen multiple times and I end up losing part of the scenario that I had just built. If not, perhaps contact support again.

1 Like