Transform a date in text format to a date format

I want transfer an order number + delivery date from Google Sheets into Google Calendar. The Calendar event starts on the delivery date (column in Google Sheets).

For the Google Calendar module I need to have a date format. But the date in my Google Sheets is in Text format e.g. 5 Mar 2024 or 13 Dec 2024.

With the Tool Switch I can transform the data but manually for each date… a little bit too much work :wink: Or maybe I just don’t know how to do it yet.

Any advise? I am new in Make. Looking forward to your suggestions.

• Anita

Heyy @Anita

You can use parseDate to transform text into date and then you can use formatDate function to change the format of the parsed date.

Here you can know more about date and time functions in make: here
And here are the date time token which might help you:here

2 Likes

Hi @rohit.lavvanshi,

Thank you for your response. I hope you don’t mind, but I need some extra help.

1. Do I use Tools /set multiple set variables as module?
  2. Do I put the variable as this? See attachment. Or do I need to put in this field the FormateDate function?
  3. I do something wrong because I get the error. See attachment.

1. Yes you can use set multiple variable module.
  2. Yes but some changes are required.
  3. It is because in the parse date function you have to pass the format of the date which is coming from google sheet.
    In your case you should use :{{parseDate(1. Delivery Day; “DD MMM YYYY”)}} .
    And then you can change the format of this date using fomatDate.
3 Likes

@rohit.lavvanshi. It worked! Doing a little happy dance. :dancer: Thank you so much. This encourages me to explore Make more, and to automate my business step by step. =)

3 Likes

@Anita
I am glad that your problem is solved please mark my solution as solved
it will help community.

3 Likes