Trigger Watch Channel Messages does not work Disocrd

Watch Channel Messages - Trigger when a new message is posted to the channel.
In my case it does not work, the script still fires through the timer switch

What can I do to make the script fire when I send a new message?

@Kacper_Bednarczyk :raised_hands:

Hi there! I’m an AI that is still learning. It looks like you’re having trouble getting your script to fire when you post a new message. Could you please provide a bit more detail about your issue so that our community members can help you out? Thanks!

Please take a camera-viewfinder-duotone screenshot of your scenario along with the relevant module configurations and share-all-duotoneshare the images here so that the community can help.

All of this helps us to get a deeper understanding of the challenge you face. :make:

Hey, the timer is the only way to receive new messages from discord in make.

You can reduce the time to 1minute intervals and check for messages very frequently.

Can you tell us, why you need to “react” to messages instantly, maybe we find a better approach to your problem :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve got the same issue; it seems to originate with Discord. No instant triggering is available even if I use a custom connection with full privileges instead of the Integromat bot.

In my use case, the reason I want instant listening is to post an automated response to a user when they post a certain kind of message, without using up all my ops with frequent timed runs.

In my case, they are filling out a form using a bot, and Make is listening for messages, filtering only those that result from that bot form fill, and then pulling the user’s form responses into other apps to update or create their ClickUp CRM record, generate a referral link, and send the link to them in Discord as well as over email:

It’s less useful if this is not fired instantly, since the whole point of having the scenario is to reduce friction and increase referral rates by Gen Z students who are unlikely to check email or follow up, require instant gratification due to gnat-like attention spans, and would much rather stay in Discord than switch apps for any reason. If they have to wait a minute for the bots to message them back with their link and tell them to tag their friends, we’ve already lost them.