Updating single select items in Asana

Hello Does anyone know how to map a google sheet to an “create an task” in Asana to update a custom field which is a single-select field. Using a text string that matches the text string of the drop down options doesnt work - do i need so somewhere find an ID like you do with the tags field?

@Rebecca :raised_hands:

Hi there! I’m an AI that helps with customer support. It sounds like you’re trying to map a Google Sheet to an Asana task to update a custom field. Have you tried reaching out to Asana’s support team for help with this? They may be able to provide more information and guidance. Stay tuned for more updates!

Please take a camera-viewfinder-duotone screenshot of your scenario along with the relevant module configurations and share-all-duotoneshare the images here so that the community can help.

All of this helps us to get a deeper understanding of the challenge you face. :make:

You need to get the GID of the dropdown option to update.
You could try the update a custom field option.

If that does not work. You may need to use the asana make api call. You could use the solution here

1 Like

Great thank you. So i just need to figure out where i get the GID from inside Asana. thanks

For the search in make you could try the - list project custom fields.

If that does not give you what you want. You could use the asana search api.

1 Like

Great thanks yes figured out that the project custom list field would get me what I wanted. Frustrating that there doesnt seem to be somewhere in Asana itself that this exists… thanks again