Using Make for live Tableau Dashboards

Hello Make Community!

I hope you are all well.

I am a data analyst for a UK based property investment company. I have been doing research into methods for setting up a live dashboard, linking a live feed of our CRM data to my analytics software Tableau. And so far, Make appears to be the most promising SaaS that offers this capability.

We use Pipedrive as our main CRM and my goal is to create a live dashboard on Tableau that updates every few minutes automatically. In other words, I want my Tableau dashboard to automatically reflect any changes made to deals or any deals which are created/deleted in real time.

I am very good with analytics softwares like Tableau and PowerBI, but beyond basic SQL, I have very limited coding knowledge.

I have been reading reviews and watching many how-to videos related to Make, and I must say it looks very impressive. But before I delve further and convince my directors to purchase a subscription, I want to be sure about a few things:

• Is it definitely possible to facilitate a live feed of our Pipedrive data to a live Tableau dashboard?

• If so, how is this done?

• What sort of support does Make offer in terms of help and technical support?

• Further from the above, what other features of Make might appeal to us?

Thanks in advance.

Hi @Joseph_Dematteis ,

Great idea and also some great questions before you get started. Now I will answer on a few things. If there are some other community members who would like to say a bit about this, please do :slight_smile:

• Is it definitely possible to facilitate a live feed of our Pipedrive data to a live Tableau dashboard?

Yes its definitely possible. However, I must say that with live data and big data as well it might be very heavy on the amount of operations this sync uses.
Since the Make platform is priced on the amount of operations you can use, this could be a thing which eats your wallet quickly.

• If so, how is this done?

Depends on whats you would like to get done right? What kind of data do you want to see on the dashboard and do you have to sync?
You can have workflows which work based on a webhook event and get data instantly, the moment a new record is created (or updated for example).

• What sort of support does Make offer in terms of help and technical support?

Make has a help page with plenty of information on the technical site etc. If you still need support after this, you can contact them by creating a ticket.
Need an SLA? Then you might need to sign a deal with them.

Hope this helps you. I would advice you to create a free account which allows you to already do some testing and playing with the platform :slight_smile: It’s a great way to get started and understand the platform a bit more.

Cheers!

2 Likes