Webflow CMS Integration for Non-Profit Animal Shelter

Hi @n_c ,

I’m not sure if this works on your end as it’s quite difficult to replicate without a sample data but let me share to you what I usually suggest in cases like this. The flow would look like below:

The notes below are by sequence per routes/module:

1.) HTTP module - This trigger runs whenever the Scheduled sync runs, as far as I can understand, this retrieves the data from the animal shelter.

2.) Iterator module - You’ll need to map the Data or items array, or whatever the HTTP module outputs. You can tell that it’s an array when there are square brackets beside the field name. Example “Data” or “Items”. Purpose of this it to be able to iterate each of the items under the array.

3.) Filter after the iterator - I’m not sure if the items(s) from the HTTP module has this “Created date” or “Updated Date”. This is really important for the sync to only check what were recently updated or created, most importantly, to control the number of operations. without this “datetime controller”, this would repeatedly give you the same data over and over again whenever the sync runs which ends to a lot of operations usage.

The date time function would depend on how you often run the Scenario. Example, the schedule is to run every 15 minutes:

4.) Array Aggregator - Select Iterator as the source module then select the field identifier(AnimalShelter app) as this will be used for the filters to check if this item exists in Webflow or not. Example - Pet name/owner or any identifier we could use.

5.) Set Variable module - use the map function to turn the identifiers into a simple array. For example, array of names(identifier)

6.)Webflow List Items module - this will list all the items you have in Webflow.

7.) Array aggregator - Ths logic would be similar to point #4 but this time, including the identifier and also the webflow ITEM ID.

8.) Set Variable module - use the map function to turn the identifiers into a simple array. For example, array of WEBFLOW names(identifier)

9.) Iterator module - map the array from the first set variable module (point #5).

10.) ROUTER - so that we can sync to specific routes as each of the routes do have specific filters for Create an Item, update an item and then delete an item.

11.) FILTER > CREATE AN ITEM ROUTE - it would look like this:

12.) FILTER > UPDATE AN ITEM ROUTE

Then in the Update an item module, it expects the ITEM ID to update, right?
So in this case you’ll need to use the Get+map functions, here’s one of the community members who shared about this:

13.) FILTER > DELETE AN ITEM - I’m not sure what’s the identifier in Webflow if the item is deleted. the first filter condition would be the same in point #12 but you need to add the AND condition as well then set the “deleted” conditional parameters.

I understand this is quite confusing but I hope this helps!