WooCommerce - Assign Attribute Terms

We have set up a lightweight PIM in Airtable, and I’m mapping product data to WooCommerce. I’m trying to set the Attribute Terms on a Variation product. I need the terms on the product, so that the associated variations show up in the product catalog as selectable options.

The site has 1 Attribute (Glaze). There are around 50 terms. I am getting our variation product data from Airtable, and using a text aggregator build a comma delimited list of terms. When the scenario runs, the string created in the text aggregator is set as the term.
Shared with Zight

The issue I am experiencing is when I set the terms, new terms are being created rather than existing terms assigned to the product.
Shared with Zight

I assume doing the aggregated value isn’t the best way to address this. Any suggestions from the community on a different approach?

It’s really hard to follow exactly what you are trying to do here. How about breaking down the inputs you’re getting and what you want to get so we can help you manage the data into the format you need. A few more screen shots of your scenario and expected data would help.

Alex,

I was attempting to populate this data on the variable product. This defines the attributes the variations can have (size, color, etc.). The values come from Airtable on the variation product records. I was attempting to concatenate those values in a comma delimited list, but it was creating one value for the entire string.

I was able to resolve this by doing a regular API call rather than using the WooCommerce module. Unfortunately, I have had to do this on a few of the Woo modules recently when they didn’t work as expected, or had hard-coded limits on them.

Shared with CloudApp

1 Like

This is unfortunately not unusual on apps that were designed for complex APIs like the WordPress REST API and WooCommerce. I am glad you were able to work it out.

1 Like

Can I see the final structure? Also having issues with creating Woocommerce variation products.

The issue I was having was getting the attributes set on the Variable product. I first had to create the attributes, then I’m using the Woo API and a basic auth HTTP request to post the attributes to the variable product.
https://domain.com/wp-json/wc/v3/products/{{1.Parent WooID}}

{
	"id": {{1.`Variable Product WooID`}},
	"attributes": [{
		"id": 1,
		"position": 0,
		"variation": true,
		"options": [
			"{{3.text}}"
		]
	}]
}

Then for the variations, I’m using the attributes fields in the Create / Update Product Variation modules.

3 Likes