Achieve both alias and reply to with a Gmail / Google Workspace address?

Hi Makers, I’m hoping to send an email from my Gmail / Google Worspace account, in particular it should be:

1. Send from an alias
  2. Have a different reply to

The problem I’m facing with the different “send an email”-modules is that…

• Gmail supports aliases but doesn’t allow to specify a reply to.
  • Email doesn’t appear to support Gmail aliases, but has a reply to field.

Even though the Email module says:

Here you can set up a custom sender email address. Normally, Make uses the email address that you entered when creating the connection as the sender address. If you enter any other email address, an error may occur when sending a message because your account may not have permission to send emails from a different address than your own. E.g. test@mail.com or "John Bush" test@email.com

This does not seem to work and sends from the main address instead of using the alias.

Is it possible to achieve both or one has to decide for one or the other?

Hey @Zbulo

I have tried the ‘Email’ module and I can confirm that using Gmail aliases works:

You would need to ensure that the email to be used as an alias has been added in your Gmail settings:

Can you retry it?

4 Likes

Thanks @Olly_Ats! This was indeed the issue. The Gmail module is able to send from all aliases (added to the account via Worksuite admin), for the Email module to do so, the address has to be added in the Gmail settings under “send mail as” first - as show on the screenshots in the previous post.

3 Likes