Adding make.com integration to google chat

This post is not primarily focused on a module persay, but rather an extension from a previous topic where I received an answer. The thread is here:

Here’s the problem I’m facing:

I have managed to get the google chat module details such as the Space ID and APP id etc. However, I am unsure how to add the service account to the google chat space, which is required for the module to work. As seen in the thread, Amadio_Gabriel, has managed to add his make test account with ease. Whenever I try to add the account to a space where members can only be invited, comes up with the error “cant send invitations, try again later”, which after looking into, is just an error message that i cant add that account into the space. I have also tried adding the account to a space that is completely open to all members of my organisation, however there it doesn’t allow the account to even send an invite (greyed out). I am lost on how to add the service account to a google space. Could it be due to the fact that the service account ends with @blooming-car-123456.iam.gserviceaccount.com, (i have changed the numbers for anonymity).

If anyone who has had experience with adding service accounts to a google chat space, please contact me as it has been a few weeks now that i am still stuck with this issue.

Thanks in advance
AGhela

It could be possible that service accounts cannot be used to create connections.

Since there is no documentation about using service accounts, I suggest you contact Make support directly since they have access to how the app (integration) is built, and they can advise further.

For quicker assistance with technical issues like these, you may want to contact support directly. They respond very quickly and update you frequently on the status of their investigation.

Hope you can share the resolution with us if you manage to solve this problem!

2 Likes

Ok, thank you very much. I will contact support and let you know how it goes.

1 Like

Hello @AGhela :wave:

I noticed that you’ve opened a ticket with us and that our support team investigated the matter and provided you with the following advice. I’m sharing it here for the benefit of the community. :arrow_down:

Make Support response:

Yes, it is possible to add service accounts to Google Chat spaces. Users typically use the Google Chat module in Make to interact with Google Chat spaces, send and receive messages, watch events, and call APIs. While service accounts can be used with the module, regular user accounts can also be used to interact with Google Chat spaces.

As we can observe, you are getting the error 403 This Chat app is not a member of this space. It seems that the account that’s connected to the Google Chat module is not a member of that chat space. Please try to add first the account that’s used in your Chat module to that space then try again.

Please find the video below for reference.

Configuration – APIs and services – Google Chat – Google Cloud console --A.G | Loom

2 Likes