Using Google Chat Module in Make.com

Hi,
I am currently using a google chat module in a scenario that gets information from a google sheet, and sends it to a user. I think i have correctly set it up as i have configured all the Google Cloud Console parts correctly. However i am a bit stuck on where to enter information and who it will get sent to. ill attach screenshots of the parts in the module where I’m unsure of.

The idea that I’m trying to do, is that when a google sheet is updated with a new row, that users data will get sent over to a group chat in google sheets for multiple people to view.

if anyone has done this before or knows how to any help would be greatly appreciated.

Here i understand what the Text box is for, however what is the Space (Name) part for? i understand that it has a drop-down box where you are supposed to choose an option, however, for me the dropdown menu is empty.
And then lower down whats the (name) section for? is it different to the other (name) section?

Same thing here with the Thread section. Fallback text I’m assuming is if the receiving user has google chat on their phone (and notifications on) then that’s the message that will show up e.g. new message in chat 1.

Lastly with the request ID is it needed if you plan to write a new message into a group chat.

Like I said before any help would be greatly appreciate :smiley:

Hi there,

To use the Name and space field, first, you need the space name and App Id (I assume that you have already created the app from the Google Cloud project.

If not, here is a screenshot of the app configuration in GCP.

How to get space name and App Id:

Space name is available in the URL in Google chat application :

APP id -

This you will get from Google cloud console under “enabling API and services” section after configuring the app:

Once you get both, this is how it will look like:

I hope this points you at least in the right direction. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hey Amadio,

Sorry for the late reply,

I’ve been following how you’ve done it, however, I still am unsure where to find the project number (app ID).

Also when I add the service account it comes up with an error message and to try again later. I am copying the service account email and then pasting it in the invite section in Google chat. Could you let me know what I am doing wrong? I noticed that you’ve managed to add make test account to your google chat space.

Thanks
AGhela