Adding new attendees to Microsoft 365 Calendar new events

Hello Make community !

I created a scenario that triggers whenever a new event is added to my calendar.
The goal is to add new attendees to any new event, following the name of these events.

E.g: New event “Barack Obama and Xi Jinping” should automatically invite “xi.jinping@email.com”.
Important: Barack Obama has already been invited to this event prior to the Make workflow. It’s important that Make lets him as an attendee and only adds Xi Jinping. The name Barack Obama can change following the event. The event is hosted by a third email adress (host@email.com), that never changes, whatever the event is.

Here’s the workflow:
Module 1: Watch Microsoft 365 to trigger whenever a new event is added.
Module 2: Search Rows in the Google Sheet which displays matching between names and emails. Sheet contains 2 columns, Name (A) and Email (B).
Filter:
Capture d’écran 2023-04-14 à 12.38.10

Module 3: Update an Event of Microsoft 365 Calendar. See screenshot below.
Capture d’écran 2023-04-14 à 12.30.27

The workflow runs without error. But it doesnt reach its objective: it invites the new attendee (xi.jinping@email.com) but cancel the initial attendee (barack.obama@email.com) from the event.

Any idea from my fellow Makers ? Thanks a lot to the community for helping.

Cheers,

Matt

Hi. You must put the initial attendee and add the new one to update it. If not, it will be replaced.

Thanks, Helio!
Wemakefuture
If you have questions reach out :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for your help ! So I tried several times but my filter was blocking. Finally it works when I allow current attendees in the filter :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot Wemakefuture ! Have a nice day !!

Great! See you my friend

Thanks, Helio!
Wemakefuture
If you have questions reach out :wink:

1 Like