Airtable API key depreciation error despite OAuth connection

Hi Makers, today a few of my scenarios with Airtable modules errored.

[401] Airtable API keys are deprecated and can no longer be used. To continue using Airtable’s API, migrate to personal access tokens or OAuth for integrations: Airtable API key deprecation notice | Airtable Support.

I’m surprised by this, because…

  1. My account has only a single Airtable connection, which uses OAuth authentication.
  2. The verification of the connections returns okay.
  3. Not all scenarios with Airtable modules errored, only a few.
  4. Rerunning the scenario manually those worked just fine.

Has anyone else experienced this or an explanation?

Hello Zbulo,

On February 1st Airtable deprecated their API keys. I’m not sure if this impacted Make.com OAuth connections, but updating my Airtable connections to use personal access tokens resolved the issues I was having.

3 Likes

Thanks @IOA_Brett, I switched to OAuth back in January and the connection has been working fine for the last few weeks and after Feb 1st. Now an increasing number of scenario is returning this error once in a while, they work fine on rerun and did so before/after that, too. I have opened a ticket with Make to see if they can assist.

Error now changed to: “The operation failed with an error. [403] Invalid permissions, or the requested model was not found. Check that both your user and your token have the required permissions, and that the model names and/or ids are correct.” ← reauthorized and verified the connection, confirm that it works in other scenario…

Hello @Zbulo :wave:

I noticed that you’ve opened a ticket with us, and our support team has investigated the matter and provided you with the following advice :arrow_down:

Make Support response:

The problem you’ve described is indeed unusual. To address it, please delete all existing Airtable connections from the connection dashboard. Then, establish a brand new connection to prevent encountering this issue in the future.

Yeah, wasn’t ideal to remove the connections and have to set them up again.

A previously mentioned tutorial helped to “fix” the 300+ modules affected afterwards.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot for pointing us in the direction of the resource that helped you get this up and running :pray:

1 Like